- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Friends of Mozilla
- Ricardo Panaggio nominates Carlos Valim, aka Coragem (Courage in pt-br; he's the man!), for his amazing Webmaker events in Brazil. You're making Brazil a better place, creating a new path for a whole new generation of Webmakers here, our Mozilla Friend!
- Thank you to former full time Release Manager, Christian Legnitto, who demonstrated being forever Mozillian and contributor post-employment in his first patch that means our users will no longer suffer when leaving out the 'h' in 'http' or other common url scheme errors - see bug 935377 -- a much appreciated paper cut fix that will ship in April with Firefox 29 :)
- Webmaker community nominates Irfana Tabassum from Warangal, India. "I'm a newbie in Mozilla and heading towards contributing to Webmaker Project. Last week I created a small event with my neighbors.Please read my blog here."
Monday, 20 January
Tuesday, 21 January
Wednesday, 22 January
Thursday, 23 January
Friday, 24 January
- MOZILLA TORONTO: Webmaker play-testing event: Come hack, test and play with new Webmaker tools and features. Connect with others building creative ways to teach web literacy and tech.
Saturday, 25 January
Sunday, 26 January
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: readonly
- Summary of work to improve page load performance:
- Reduce hitting DB during page load
- Make system proxy lookup faster
- Reduce amount of view background drawing
- Switch to progressbar because spinner is a CPU hog
- Add some predictive networking hints
Try out Nightly and see if it feels faster
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: OpenMatt in Toronto
- Building better user testing. How can we make it easy for community to run their own user testing events? We're working on a DIY kit to make this possible.
- How do you teach online privacy? Mozilla is getting ready for International Privacy Day Jan. 28th. Webmaker is gathering open educational resources to teach others about online privacy. How would you do it? Add your resources, links and teaching kits.
- Building a high school badge system. Mozilla Hive NYC is working with the Department of Education to build a federated badge system for NYC public high schools.
Speaker Location: Non-verbal
- A look at what we've been up to since our launch, and where we're heading in 2014: http://mozillascience.org/whats-in-store-for-2014/
- We're starting a second pilot on code review in science in February. More about that on the blog: http://mozillascience.org/launching-a-second-pilot-study-of-code-review-in-science/
Speaker Location: Non-verbal
- Mozilla-Wide Badges: The Open Badges team is working across MoCo and MoFo to create a new Mozilla-Wide Badge System
- BadgeKit: working towards MVP launch in March 2014
- new Pathways & Discovery Project with Gates Foundation.
- The Open Badges team and community contributors met in Brooklyn last week to kick off the Pathways & Discovery project, funded by the Gates Foundation
- The five-month grant project will spark a national U.S. conversation about (a) employable skills, (b) granular accreditation, and (c) pathways to employment. More details soon!
Speaker Location: Andy McKay, Vancouver
- The Marketplace Engineering meetings are now public every other week. First one is this Friday at 10am. Come and join us to find out what's going on. Details here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace#Meetings_Open_for_All
- IARC Content ratings are now on the site. App developers with apps on the Marketplace have up till April 24th to give their app a content rating, after that apps will be disabled. Do this by visiting the Marketplace Developer Hub and following the prompts.
- Worldwide has been renamed to the more standard Rest of World on the Marketplace to help clarify what is meant by that option
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.