- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x92 Conf# 8600
- sip:email@example.com or, for some clients, sip:firstname.lastname@example.org (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.3.1 Firefox Desktop
- 1.3.2 Firefox Mobile
- 1.3.3 Firefox OS
- 1.3.4 Webmaker
- 1.3.5 NEW: Mozilla Gigabit Community Fund
- 1.3.6 Open Badges
- 1.3.7 Mozilla Science Lab
- 1.3.8 Mozilla Reps
- 1.3.9 Firefox Student Ambassadors
- 1.3.10 Grow Mozilla
- 1.3.11 Identity
- 1.3.12 Services
- 1.3.13 Firefox Marketplace
- 1.3.14 IT
- 1.3.15 Web Compatibility
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- A BIG THANKS to Aaron Mandel for shooting great video b-roll of the Toronto office for the upcoming press activities around MWC.
- Thanks to Chris Peterson for donating some time to help the People Team learn more about trains, channels, and testing.
- Thank you to the incredible team of Mozilla Hispano contributors who answer all Firefox OS support questions in Spanish: AndresMorelos, willyaranda, Nukeador, Gioyik, lestherbj, magiksen, and Feiticeiro.
- Many thanks to the superheroes who localize Firefox OS support documentation: inma_610, Pedro García Rodríguez, deimidis, Guillermo López Leal, Angela Velo, RickieES, Nukeador, Maria Solà, and Ximena Lasserre. You are the amazing smiling face of Mozilla Support to the Spanish-speaking users of Firefox OS!
- Huge thanks so all-stars Ricardo Panaggio and Andre Garzia who have been tirelessly helping introduce Appmaker to Brazil. They continue to localize the application, slide decks, talks and are on the ground teaching constantly.
- An incredibly and ridiculously big shout out and thank you to Justin Potts for his energy and excitement helping the Mozillians team launch the new curated groups feature on Mozillians.
Monday, 10 February
This Monday we having another session of making metal tags at lunch in the SF Commons and MV office at 12:30PST.
The Crafty group wants to recognize contributors with handmade items. We need you to tell us who you would like to recognize! Also, we would love you to make crafts with us (no special skills required).
We will be creating handmade gifts. You give us the name, address and even a very short message, we will send a gift. It would make it more special if you came and made it yourself, but geographical and time restrictions are understood and we are happy to be your hammer swinging stand in. We can probably only do this for the first 20 responders. If there are more, maybe we can do it again!
For contributors you would like recognized we need: -- Name -- Physical mailing address of some sort (nearest Mozilla office the frequent?) -- Some kind of short approx 15 character or less message or we can just write a generic "Thank you". But the cool thing is that these can be customized so think personal. -- IRC handle? It fits nicely on a tag usually.
Please send this information to 831sabina.brown at gmail.com
Tuesday, 11 February
- The Open Badges team will be at the Summit to Reconnect Learning Tuesday and Wednesday of this week - more details below.
Wednesday, 12 February
- 18:30-19:30 Homebrew Website Club meetup @MozSF and @ESRIPDX. Details: http://indiewebcamp.com/events/2014-02-12-homebrew-website-club
Thursday, 13 February
Friday, 14 February
Saturday, 15 February
Sunday, 16 February
On-site Data Jedi training using Tableau in San Francisco Feb 18-19th from 10a-3pm for MoCo and MoFo staff. RSVP here: http://sftableauonsite.splashthat.com/ pass=freeweb
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- Australis and FFA-Sync on Aurora!
- Test Australis!
- Test Sync!
- That is all!
- A special thanks to contributor Sukant Garg [:gargsms] who fixed his first Gaia bug this week, 966211 – Screen should not timeout when I have a running stopwatch.
The mighty Webmaker Workweek scrum board -- analog edition
- Last week's Webmaker Workweek in Toronto was a big success! Have a look at what we shipped here. More details coming next week.
- Special thanks to colleagues who joined us from Mozilla Japan!
- Interested in getting involved in what's next? These tickets could use your help.
Speaker Location: Lindsey Frost Cleary (Chattanooga)
Gigabit Community Fund launches!
- Supporting learning on tomorrow’s networks. Our kick-off event in Chattanooga drew more than 200 educators, civic leaders, and community members.
- The fund's goal: Help local organizations take advantage of high-speed, gigabit networks to build applications for education and workforce development. Establish Gigabit Hive Learning Communities in Chattanooga and Kansas City.
- Official launch in Kansas City is this Thursday
- The Fund application window opens later this month. Stay up to date at our new website or via Twitter: @mozillagigabit
Speaker Location: nonverbal
Four big announcements coming at this week's Summit to Reconnect Learning:
- Big Players to issue Open Badges: 5 large new organizations committing to Mozilla's Open Badges infrastructure -- details coming Thursday.
- Cities of Learning 2014: 10 cities committing to implement the "Cities of Learning" digital badging model. Based on success of last year's Chicago Summer of Learning.
- Cities of Learning Tech Package: Powered by Mozilla, Digital Youth Network and partners. Will include a shared technology infrastructure built off of BadgeKit to support each city's badge system.
- Badge Alliance: a new alliance to support the Open Badges ecosystem. More details next week.
Speaker Location: Non-verbal
- Join this week's community call: Join Cindy Wu (founder of Experiment.com), a crowdfunding platform for science, the team behind Academic Torrents, and Jure Triglav, founder of ScienceGist on a new open source index for scientific tools.
- Thursday, Feb. 9 at 8am PT / 11 ET
- Help teach the web to scientists: still some slots for our first 3-day train-the-trainers event in Toronto, April 28-30
Firefox Student Ambassadors
Speaker Location: Written Update
Congratulations to our January winners:
- App of the Month: Abin Abraham's My Diary app
- Campus Affiliates Contest: AMU Firefox Club
Want weekly updates on what is going on in the program? Check out our blog for more information.
Ben Sullins | Remote: Looking for your name on the Mozilla Monument? Checkout our name finder here: http://mzl.la/1bjFHGZ
mjeffries, San Francisco
- Focus group forming
- Changes coming to improve the user experience, and we want your feedback!
- Join our team: email@example.com (ServiceNow User Group
- Invite coming soon on Yammer
- Digital Lobby sign-in is live in MTV & SFO!
- Peekaboo showcases Mozilla tech (Firefox, Persona) to give guests and visitors a Firefoxy welcome
- Peekaboo can be delivered on any platform that supports Mozilla Desktop
- Presently in MTV and SFO - Coming soon to other Moz Spaces
Thanks to the team: Peter Bengtsson, Jason Crowe, Mark Jeffries, Joel Babcock, Laura Thomson, and Lisa Gray.
Patch Yer Flash!
- Don't be like this guy:
- Reminder that if you have not done so, get your FlashPlayer patched!
System Patch Management:
- If we come a’calling, it’s because your system is at high risk
- Take it seriously
- Mozilla’s getting better, and we are on it- but we need your help
Non-NFS hg (mercurial) Node entered production today!
Why is this good?
- solves repository corruption issues related to NFS faking file consistency
- enables faster response times
- saves us significant fractions of a million dollars this year in software licenses/hardware
- allows us to multi-home mercurial in AWS/CDN
Please ping fubar or bkero in #it with any concerns
Speaker Location: ATX (miketaylr)
- ESPN.com now sends Firefox for Android to tier 1 mobile site. \o/
- Paypal checkout for Firefox OS stays in mobile site now.
- tripit.com, slate.fr, scribd.com, broadway.com, ingdirect.es all now correctly send FxOS to mobile versions.
- wikipedia.org mobile meta bug bites the dust (9 issues fixed).
- Significant progress on device detection framework bugs: 962160 957205 916250 963705 all fixed (see AreWeDetectableYet to track progress).
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Pete Scanlon||Engagement||MWC 2014 Update||San Francisco - Commons||Yes|| Today's slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1eB1sQBWAeVyDU57DSHOTVxbibDzpcVfU17caYUmTBkI/edit?usp=sharing
Brownbag slides: https://air.mozilla.org/mwc-brownbag/
|Rick Fant, David Ascher||Update about Labs||San Francisco + Vidyo||No|
|William Reynolds||Product manager, Community Engagement||Curated groups on mozillians.org and better timezones||San Francisco||No||Screenshots: Curated groups, Better timezones||Blog posts: Curated groups, Better timezones|
|Alex Fowler||Global Privacy & Policy Leader||Stopwatching.us & The Day We Fight Back||San Francisco||No||See https://thedaywefightback.org/|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location|
|Med Ali Batita , Wael Meji , Hamza Latrach , Ramzi Meguelbi||Marwa BATITA?||ISET Gbaes|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Kamil Jozwiak||Marc Schifer||SF||Toronto||Desktop QA Test Engineer|
|Brady Pannabecker||Derek Moore||SF||SF||IT Mozilla Operations Center|
|Sophana Aik||Tim Fairfield||MV||MV||End User Services - Service Desk|
|Laura Napoli||Erica Jostedt||SF||DC (remote)||PR for Latin America|
|Dave Steer||Alex Fowler||SF||SF||Director, Advocacy, Mozilla Foundation|
|Charles Chen||Spinger Wang||SF||Taipei||Business Development|
|Wayne Chen||Thomas Tsai||SF||Taipei||Firefox OS|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.