- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x2000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x2000 Conf# 8600
- sip:email@example.com or, for some clients, sip:firstname.lastname@example.org (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.3.1 Firefox Desktop
- 1.3.2 Firefox Mobile
- 1.3.3 Firefox OS
- 1.3.4 Webmaker
- 1.3.5 Open Badges
- 1.3.6 Mozilla Science Lab
- 1.3.7 Mozilla Reps
- 1.3.8 Firefox Student Ambassadors
- 1.3.9 Summer of Code
- 1.3.10 Grow Mozilla
- 1.3.11 Identity
- 1.3.12 Services
- 1.3.13 Firefox Marketplace
- 1.3.14 IT
- 1.3.15 Web Compatibility
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- jhultmann, developer of the add-on Multifox, which was chosen as February's Pick-of-the-Month by our Community Board!
Monday, 03 February
Tuesday, 04 February
Mozilla Monument unveiling - Share why you're a Mozillian on your social channels with the #iamamozillian and watch the stream at iamamozillian.postano.com. If you're local, join us for lunch in San Francisco (SF Commons @ 12:00pm PST). If not, the lunch-time presentations will be streamed via Air Mozilla.
Wednesday, 05 February
WebFWD hosts the Startup Policy Lab at Moz SF + AirMoz
The Startup Policy Lab addresses issues such as immigration, health care, etc. from the perspective of smaller organizations (e.g. ones without the same resources as say Apple, Microsoft or Google). Wednesday's event will focus on how the Affordable Care Act impacts entrepreneurs. Details at  and streaming on AirMoz at ).
Thursday, 06 February
Friday, 07 February
Saturday, 08 February
Sunday, 09 February
Members of the Open Badges team are gearing up for the Summit to Reconnect Learning next week, February 12-13, in Redwood City, California. During the conference, a series of large organizations will announce their commitment to working with Open Badges - edX, ETS, Workforce.io, and more. We will share more details after the conference.
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: (mfinkle)
- Working on fixing the "Thanks for using Fennec" banner in Nightly. It appears way too often.
- FxAccount work hit the Friday deadline. Look for that to get enabled on Nightly soon.
- Home page customization work week was a great success. That feature and some real-world integrations will ship in Fx30.
- Get rocketbar patches landed in master is resolved. This is a significant part of the Haida Firefox OS UX update that's under way now. Rocket Bar is the system-wide search and addressing feature.
- There was a regression or two in the keyboard, last week that's percolating through the testing audience. (Anyone got a status on this? Is it fully resolved?)
- I assume this is https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=964216, "Use build_stage to build keyboard app" and has been backed out.
Speaker Location: Non-verbal
- Watch this video to get up-to-speed with Webmaker Community team priorities.
- Join the new, weekly TEACH THE WEB community call on Thursdays at 10am EST/3pm UTC (we merged the Web Literacy call and Mentor Community calls)
- Mozilla devs represented at HTML500, Vancouver's "biggest ever tech ed event" -- 500+ non-coders learned HTML5 and CSS3 in one day, mentored by 50 tech orgs from Hootsuite to Microsoft.. to *us*.
Speaker Location: non-verbal
- Mozilla Badge System Update: The Mozilla Badge System foundational system is defined and being socialized in a variety of channels, Grow Mozilla, Recognition, Open Badges, MoFo Design. More to come next week regarding the system as well a select number of example badges aligning with Mozilla pillars: building products; empowering communities; shaping environments; and teaching & learning.
- Discovery Project Update: Our Gates Foundation funded Discovery project is well underway. We've recently been working with the Mozilla Recruitment team (kudos to them!) and other organizations to identify career pathways and explore how badging can be used to connect individuals to real jobs and to help employers find the talent they are looking for. This project is set to launch in June 2014.
- Check out this blog post from Chloe Varelidi introducing the Discovery work.
Speaker Location: Non-verbal
- A look at some lessons learned from the Software Carpentry program (preprint up in arXiv): http://arxiv.org/abs/1307.5448
Firefox Student Ambassadors
Speaker Location:Written Update
- We've now reached over 10,000 Firefox Student Ambassadors! Celebrate with us by joining in on the conversation on our Facebook page.
- Last week we launched our program's landing page (big thanks to Chris More's team for making this happen). Take some time and check it out here
Summer of Code
Speaker Location:Written Update
Can you think of a 3-month coding project you would love to guide a student through? Now is the right time to propose project ideas for Google Summer of Code 2014. If you are interested in mentoring a student next summer, add your idea to https://wiki.mozilla.org/Community:SummerOfCode14:Brainstorming
Speaker Location: written update
LINE social messaging application available now at https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/line !!
Thanks to everyone in Business Development, Partner Engineering, Firefox OS, and QA who made this happen!
Speaker Location: San Francisco
- DB Engineering - helped fix up slow queries - reach them by filing a bug Server Operations : Database
-- More info here! https://blog.mozilla.org/it/2014/02/03/the-power-of-indexes/
Speaker Location: MTV (miketaylr)
The people involved.
Dogfood tastes good. Report bugs.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Peter Bengtsson||Pre-recorded Events in Air Mozilla||Get your video cameras out!||Mountain View Office||Yes||slides|||
|barry munsterteiger||creative instigator||Mozilla Monument||San Fransisco||No||https://air.mozilla.org/monument/||in the email I sent on Friday|
|Amy Tsay||Community Manager||Add-on pick-of-the-month for February||Mountain View||Yes||N/A||https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/multifox|
|Mike Hoye||Engineering Community Manager||Dashcon, And Victory.||Toronto||No||N/A||The DashCon page at WikiMo|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Adam Stevenson||Lawrence Mandel||MV||Hamilton, Ontario, Canada||Web Compatibility|
|Nicole Fong||Karen Ward||MV||MV||Partner Integration|
|Ruben Olaes||Tim Fairfield||MV||MV||End User Services - Service Desk|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.