- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x92 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Messaging
- 4.1.5 Mobile
- 4.1.6 IT
- 4.1.7 Release Engineering
- 4.1.8 QA
- 4.1.9 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.10 Security
- 4.1.11 Engagement
- 4.1.12 Open News
- 4.1.13 Content Services
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Congratulations to Faye Tandog on becoming the new Mozilla Phillipines Community Manager! The Community Building Team is awarding her a Community Building Superstar badge for her contributions.
- Marketplace Editorial would like to thank the following L10n contributors for their Herculean efforts to localize Apps Blog content in 10 languages for our World Cup campaign; these folks include Wim Benes, Ton Kessen, Sara Todaro, Sandro Della Giustina, Daniel SCott, Elisa Xitlali, Marcelo Araldi, Andre Garzia, Frank Wein, Sebastian Hengst, Michael Kohler, Andras Bognar, Daniel Spindelbauer, Romain Fleury, Aleksandra Uzelac, and Marko Andrejic.
Monday, 23 June
Tuesday, 24 June
Wednesday, 25 June
- Mozillians Town Hall (2014 Goals) - Add Services to our Product Lines
- 9:30am - 10:30am PT in MV Commons and Air Mozilla - https://air.mozilla.org/mozillians-town-hall-2014-goals-add-services-to-our-product-lines-2/
Thursday, 26 June
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC: Grow Mozilla discussion -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
- All day, all time zones: Marketplace Day - All About Apps - An online event for contributors of all types to meet and work on things. Join us on https://etherpad.mozilla.org/marketplace-day and the #Marketplace channel.
- 5PM UTC / 1PM EST / 10 AM PST - Security Open Mic
- An open meeting to chat anything security related with the Mozilla Security team.
- Vidyo: SecReview Room // Dial-in Info (phone): - US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 - Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 - Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 - Conference num 95294
Friday, 27 June
Saturday, 28 June
- The fourth annual IndieWebCamp is this weekend in Portland Oregon as usual, and has expanded this year!
First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin
Sunday, 29 June
- IndieWebCamp 2014 continues all day in:
- Portland, New York City, Berlin
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: Asa from Mountain View
New wiki at https://wiki.mozilla.org/FirefoxOS/Flame
Speaker Location: OpenMatt in Toronto
How can Mozilla teach the world the web?
- Mozillians Webmaker town hall last week
- What's new?
Speaker Location: San Francisco
Last week I talked about how working in the open is one way all of us can help with the goal to increase active contributors by 10x. I've come across an interesting statistic about this and wanted to make some specific asks.
The interesting statistic: In the past six months Mozillians created almost 30,000 Google documents and only 2,709 of them were made public.
The specific asks:
- Spend a minute imagining how effective you would be if you had access to just 10% of your team's documents
- Go through the Google Docs you've created and change the sharing settings to Public for anything that's not sensitive
- Consider using wiki.mozilla.org instead of Google Docs the next time you need to create a document
Bonus points: Read these two great posts from Amy Tsay and Doug Belshaw about working in the open.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Boris Zbarsky||Distinguished Engineer||Technology Advisory Council||Remote||No||None|
|Denelle Dixon-Thayer||Legal and Privacy||Response to Moderator questions: Is anyone concerned about confusion and trademark issues with Amazon's "Fire Phone" and "FireOS"?||San Francisco||No||None|
|Chris Heilmann||Principal Evangelist||WebIDE in Firefox Nightly - readwriteapps made real https://hacks.mozilla.org/2014/06/webide-lands-in-nightly/||Mountain View||No||None|
|Peter Bengtsson||Web Developer||New Air Mozilla features that affects everybody||Mountain View||No||Slides|
|Dino Anderson||People Team||Diversity and Inclusion Strategy||SF||No||Working Draft|
|Nicolas B. Pierron||A Mentor||Report of Bugs Squashing Party success||Paris||No||No||https://github.com/Thegennok/bug-o-meter|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Jenny Liu||Joe Cheng||SFO (Recording)||Taipei||Firefox OS|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Alexandru Tifrea||Blake Kaplan||San Francisco||San Francisco||Platform Engineering: DOM|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
- bug 880669 BzAPI support landed on Bugzilla's production infrastructure
- bug 956892 Collapsed comments now indicate the reason for auto-collapsing
- bug 649691 Added a "Mentor" field to bugs. Mentors will be migrated from the whiteboard to this new field soon.
You may have seen press coverage of the announcement of a new partnership between Mozilla's Open News project and The New York Times and The Washington Post, along with the Knight Foundation. Some relevant links here:
We had a super work week in NYC this past week and are still digging out from clearing our inboxes. Will share what we spoke about and presented over the coming week on our Wiki page.