- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Messaging
- 4.1.5 Mobile
- 4.1.6 Marketplace / Apps / Developer Relations
- 4.1.7 IT
- 4.1.8 Release Engineering
- 4.1.9 QA
- 4.1.10 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.11 Security
- 4.1.12 Engagement
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Last week, volunteer app reviewers were responsible for 94% of all reviews! This brings the wait time for submitting an app to Marketplace down to less than two days.
- Big thanks to Jaipradeesh Janarthanan, who moderated over 2,000 flagged reviews on Marketplace!
Monday, 14 July
Mozilla London hosted the weekly PyLadies London workshop yesterday!
About twenty pythonistas came to the office and Nicola Hugues (ex Mozilla Knight news) gave a quick overview on Python and then proceeded to dive into data scraping, badly formed HTML that makes you cry and getting the most data juice out of websites without APIs as possible.
Tuesday, 15 July
Maker Party starts!
Wednesday, 16 July
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup, 18:30-19:30
- Chicago, Portland, and San Francisco!
Any questions? See the wiki page for details or irc://irc.freenode.net/indiewebcamp.
Are you building your own website? Indie reader? Personal publishing web app? Or some other digital magic-cloud proxy?
If so (or you want to!), come on by and join a gathering of people with like-minded interests. Bring your friends that want to start a personal web site. Exchange information, swap ideas, talk shop, help work on a project...
Thursday, 17 July
- 5PM UTC / 1PM EST / 10 AM PST - Security Open Mic
- An open meeting to chat anything security related with the Mozilla Security team.
- Vidyo: SecReview Room // Dial-in Info (phone): - US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 - Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 - Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 - Conference num 95294
- Maker Party Cantinas in MozSpaces! (Individual events are listed here: https://events.webmaker.org/#!/events)
Friday, 18 July
- 2PM Pacific / 5PM Eastern / 9PM UTC - Webdev Beer and Tell
- An open meeting for web developers across the Mozilla Project to share their side projects.
- webdev Vidyo room, will stream on airmo (see wiki page for details / dial-in info)
- Community Leadership Summit July 18-19
- North American Rep Benjamin Kerensa organizing
- The Community Leadership Summit 2014 brings together community leaders, organizers and managers and the projects and organizations that are interested in growing and empowering a strong community. The event pulls together the leading minds in community management, relations and online collaboration to discuss, debate and continue to refine the art of building an effective and capable community.
Saturday, 19 July
Sunday, 20 July
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- Hey what's going on with Loop?
- Add it to your toolbar!
Speaker Location: (remote: mfinkle)
- Search App sprint this week in SF
- On-boarding mini-sprint this week in SF
- Janus proxy is ready for testing (add-on on AMO)
- UX is crunching data on a recent Lockscreen and Launcher study
- Nick Alexander has a blog post on using Maven with GeckoView
Speaker Location: Amira Dhalla (remote) and Lucy Harris (Toronto)
- Maker Party starts tomorrow, July 15th!
- We're having Maker Party Cantinas in all of the Mozilla offices on Thursday July 17th. We could use some volunteers to help out! Learn more here: https://teach.etherpad.mozilla.org/MakerPartyLaunchVolunteers
- Check out our new Resources page
Speaker Location: Portland
- Video Update: http://people.mozilla.org/~clouserw/public/Marketplace-Q2.mp4 (3'37")
- Video Summary: Mostly what we did in Q2 with a short introduction to our focus in Q3.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Boris Zbarsky||Distinguished Engineer||Technology Advisory Council||Home office (via vidyo)||No||N/A||List of TAC members|
|Yvan Boily||Security Manager, Cloud Services||Security Engagement||MV Commons||No||N/A||Engaging Security|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Sophana Aik||Melissa O'Connor||Remote||San Francisco||End User Services - Service Desk|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Giovanni Charles||James Lal||Mountain View||San Francisco||FFX OS|
|Carla Espana||Cori Schauer||Mountain View||Mountain View||User Research|
|Nicola Greco||Matthew Claypotch||Mountain View||Mountain View||Apps Engineering|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Marketplace / Apps / Developer Relations
The fifth edition of DevPulse is out! DevPulse is a monthly glance at stuff happening among and for developers both at and beyond Mozilla. Learn how our staff & contributors are making events, dev tools releases and much much more happen, and also discover ways to join them.
- We're relaunching the Testdays program and need your help. Read our post on quality.mozilla.org for more details and join our meeting this Thursday at 9am PDT if you want to participate.
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
- bug 990980 added ability to filter bugzilla emails by product/component/relationship/changed-field