- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x92 Conf# 8600
- sip:email@example.com or, for some clients, sip:firstname.lastname@example.org (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Messaging
- 4.1.5 Mobile
- 4.1.6 IT
- 4.1.7 Release Engineering
- 4.1.8 QA
- 4.1.9 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.10 Security
- 4.1.11 Engagement
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Big shout out to volunteer sheriff nigelb for ensuring the infrastructure issues breaking the tree over the weekend were resolved in a timely fashion.
- HUGE thanks to the Mozilla India community for their support with our user research in Delhi & Jaipur!
- Congrats to Andre Garzia for publishing a new book, "Quick Guide For Firefox OS App Development" - check it out at https://leanpub.com/quickguidefirefoxosdevelopment/
- In the SF office this week (Foxhole) there is a week-long camp for LGBT youth who are learning how to program in Python, make webpages, and build community in the open web. Tech Camp homepage
- The Ascend Project, the first pilot of which will take place at the Portland office this fall has completed the gathering of applications and is now finalizing the 20 participants. To follow along with progress please check the website and follow the project on Twitter.
- The Engagement Team is having their team offsite starting tomorrow in Santa Cruz, CA. Offsite Info Wiki Page
Monday, 07 July
Tuesday, 08 July
Wednesday, 09 July
Thursday, 10 July
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC: Grow Mozilla discussion -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
- 5PM UTC / 1PM EST / 10 AM PST - Security Open Mic
- An open meeting to chat anything security related with the Mozilla Security team.
- Vidyo: SecReview Room // Dial-in Info (phone): - US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 - Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 - Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 - Conference num 95294
Friday, 11 July
- MozFest East Africa - July 11-12 in Kampala, Uganda. MozFest East Africa is a tech event organized by the Mozilla Community in Uganda to get different minds together to share their knowledge, skills and expertise on the web and how to improve it. It will also get exhibitions on African innovations or creations being made to improve the web in relation to the context and African needs.
- San James Emmanuel, Lawrence Kisuuki, Michelle Thorne, and many more Mozillians are attending!
Saturday, 12 July
Sunday, 13 July
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: San Francisco (johnath)
- More experimentation you can try out on nightly:
Flame phones. We have about 200 Flames available for members of our community (volunteers and employees.) This is for those who will use the phones regularly, and who will participate in product surveys, focused testing efforts, and be available to help us gauge the quality of specific features and the overall product.
To apply to the program, head over to our Foxtrot Application, which takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
Speaker Location: non-verbal
- We'll be running a global sprint July 22-23 in 16 cities around the world. Have a look at existing projects and cities where we'll be working, feel free to add your own ideas, and join us. All are welcome!
- Join us this Thursday for our next community call where we'll hear from some of the project leads for the sprint. 11 ET, all are welcome.
Speaker: Brian King Speaker Location: San Francisco
Introducing Reps in town for the Engagement Offsite.
Speaker: Sean Bohan
Speaker Location: New York
2 weeks since the Content Services Work Week and we are looking at the future of Enhanced Tiles for the New Tab. Currently, users see Tiles which consist of a screenshot of that page, some text under each of the tiles. Users have the ability to move a tile, leave it alone or remove it from their New Tab. Our team is looking at giving the users the ability to add "Format" to that list of actions, letting them change tiles from a screenshot to something that is either more functional or just looks better. Right now ideas include magazine and news tiles that can show most recent headlines on top of Tile. Sites given the able to update the Tile image to latest logo or seasonal doodle. At the July 21 MoCo, Aaron Thornburg (UX lead for Content Services), will show a demo of where this could go.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Mary Ellen Muckerman||Engagement - VP Brand||Voices strategy||San Francisco||Yes||N/A||N/A|
|John Bernard||Engagement - Director of Marketing, Firefox OS||Firefox OS launch update||Remote||Yes||N/A||N/A|
|Chris Cooper||Release Engineering Manager||Try Server Best Practices||Remote||No||N/A||Try Best Practices|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Anthony Duignan-Cabrera||Mary Ellen Muckerman||San Francisco||New York Office||Editor in Chief|
|Yi-Fan Liao||Evelyn Hung||Taipei office||Taipei office||Firefox OS|
|Travis Blow||Mark Mayo||MV||NYC||Services Operations|
|Ang Brij||Andreas Gal||MV||MV||CTO Office|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
- bug 669535 Added a user preference to disable "Possible Duplicates" when creating bugs