- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x92 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Messaging
- 4.1.5 Mobile
- 4.1.6 IT
- 4.1.7 Release Engineering
- 4.1.8 QA
- 4.1.9 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.10 Security
- 4.1.11 Engagement
- 4.1.12 Open News
- 4.1.13 Mozilla Science Lab
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Michelle luna from all of the Sumo community: "Thank you for all of the work that you have done for Mozilla over the last three years. You have done alot and we are all going to miss you." (rachal will do this if present in the room)
Thanks to Arturo "Fenix" Martinez who helped us with testing Payments in Venezuela!
Shout out to Clint Talbert for responding to our call for ways contributors can help more directly with product goals -- he proposed a new way to engage Aurora users.
A big shout out to the Tunisian Community for all their effort and work to help us in Grow Tunisia event. Specially Melek Jebnoun, Sofien Chaabouni, Manel Rhaiem, Selmi Ahmed, Ahmed Nefzaoui and Alexander (Skander) for being integral in our planning process!
Thanks to the staff and volunteer community managers who took part in last week's community building working group meetup. Look for a summary of what got built coming later this week.
Dance-party style big thank you to Justin Potts for his summer Web QA contributions to Webmaker and Mozillians.
A BIG thank you to Swarnava, Jay (Jayakumar), Meghraj, Abdul Rauf, Vineel, Galaxy, and Abid for helping the www.mozilla.org team with QA for the Fx OS India launch today!
An extremely large thank you to Pavel Cvrček, Théo Chevalier, Francesco Lodolo, Michael Kohler, Kohei Yoshino, Pin-guang Chen, Enrique Estévez, Pavel Cvrček, Alexander Slovesnik, Konstantin Lepikhov, Oksana Ignateva.
This incredible team did a thorough sprint across 10 languages localizing the Mozilla Activations Directory into Mandarin, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Galician, Czech and Portuguese.
Big thanks to erosman in the add-on reviewer team, who has consistently been the top reviewer for the past weeks and also regularly helps on IRC and the Add-ons Forum.
Big thanks to Christie Koehler for helping on-board app developers to Transifex platform (even though it's really not her day job anymore!), so that localizers can help translate open web apps for Firefox OS.
Monday, 25 August
- Aug 23-31 - Debian Conference 2014 in Portland, OR, US
- Mozillians Francois Marier, Benjamin Kerensa, Oliver Propst participating
Tuesday, 26 August
- 1:00PM - Ahmed Kachkach, "TBD" SF
- 1:30PM - Gregory A. Norcie, "Towards High Entropy, Easy to Remember Passwords for FXA" SF
- 2:00PM- Vlad Filippov, "Service Authentication with Firefox Accounts" SF
Marketplace Community Meeting
- NEW TIME: Every other Tuesday at 10am Pacific, starting 8/26/14 - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Community/Meetings
Wednesday, 27 August
- Chicago, Minneapolis, Portland, and @MozSF!
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb discussions and hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details or join IRC: http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today
Are you creating your own website? Indie reader? Personal publishing web app? Or some other digital magic-cloud proxy?
If so (or you want to!), come on by and join a gathering of people with like-minded interests. Bring your friends that want to start a personal web site. Exchange information, swap ideas, talk shop, help work on a project...
"" SuMo Mobile Meeting "" This will be Michelle Lunas last ever mobile meeting as a staff its in Michelle Luna vidyo room or #sumo its at 10:30am pt https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sumo-mobile
- 1:00PM- Johan Lorenzo, "TBD" MV
- 1:30PM Piyush Waradpande, "Minion just got friendlier!" MV
- 2:00PM Luqman Aden, "TBD" MV
- 2:30PM Jonathan Bailey, "TBD" MV
Thursday, 28 August
- Aug 28-30 Hacks/Hackers BA Media Party 2014 - Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Mozillians: Marcus Vanetta (speaker), Mark Boas (speaker), Erica Owens
- 1:00PM- Gabriel Luong, "TBD" SF
- 1:30PM- Valentin Tsatskin, "TBD" SF
Friday, 29 August
Saturday, 30 August
Sunday, 31 August
The SuMo Mobile meeting will be moving to the SuMo room on vidyo
Wednesday September 3rd, there will be a brown bag in Mozilla San Francisco Commons at 10:00 AM about the new Firefox Activations Directory. (http://activations.mozilla.org/) Do you want to find out how to tweet from the Firefox browser chrome? Post an email without going to Gmail? Check your Zimbra account for new emails without leaving the page you're on? Come learn about these new tools.
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: Toronto (johnath)
- Growth update from Eric Petitt (SF)
- Last week, we kicked off a “Firefox Growth Team” to more quickly prototype and test data-driven growth opportunities for Firefox. We wanted to give a quick update on the team, our goals, and how to get involved. Want to learn more? Visit our wiki page and if you have questions or feedback, please contact Eric Petitt, Chris More or Winston Bowden or visit us in #growth on IRC.
Firefox for Android
Speaker Location: remote (mfinkle)
- Support for Prefer:Safe HTTP header landed. Enabled when using Restricted Profiles on Android tablets.
- Initial onboarding/first-run UX has started landing.
- Initial work in making Error Pages more useful has also started to land. First up, is helping with simple Wi-Fi toggling.
- Starting to land improved Sharing to Firefox UX this week.
- Lots of great feedback and bug reports about Chromecast support in Nightly. Fixes have been landing.
- A bunch of mini-videos on Firefox for Android features are now public on the Firefox Youtube channel.
- Li Gong in MTV
Speaker Location:Sean Bohan - NYC Office
- Sharing the video from Darren's Town Hall on Sustainability last week
- 2 Blog posts from Darren and Denelle on Trust and User Control
- Planning a Brown Bag for Friday 9/19 or early the week of 9/22
- Nightly 34 : bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1030832
- Enhanced Tiles landed
- Aurora 33 : bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1057602
- Please try it out and test it
- Nightly 34 : bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1030832
Speaker Location: nonverbal
- The Maker Party goes on!
- Contributors: 5826 (5% increase from last week’s 5552)
- Webmaker accounts: 143.9K (16% increase from last week’s 124K)
- Events: 1913 (6% increase from last week’s 1799)
- Hosts: 556 (13% increase from last week’s 493)
- Expected attendees: 84,595 (11% increase from 76,200)
- Cities: 385 (6% increase from 362)
- Check out this list of Maker Party events that inspired us last week
- We invite you to look at Issue 4 of Community Literacies, a series about Webmaker’s finest learning resources around the world, and the stories that bring them to life. In this installment, we explore 3 of the most inspiring teaching materials built by the community for Maker Party.
- The MozFest session proposal deadline has been extended! Please help spread the word. We'll be accepting submissions until this Friday, August 29. See http://mzl.la/Propose for more
Speaker Location: non-verbal
- Building on last week: we're still looking for new ideas re:
- Ways that community can have impact on topline goals in Q3/Q4
- Shout out to Clint Talbert for proposing a new way to engage Aurora users
- If you have ideas, contact David Boswell, Mark Surman or Mary Ellen Muckerman
- Reading: David Boswell posted on the topic of Quality vs. Quantity for contribution:
- More in depth verbal update coming next week
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Jason Weathersby||Phones For Apps||Download, Rate and Review||Remote||yes, sharing simulator||https://hacks.mozilla.org/2014/05/build-your-next-app-with-a-flame/|
|Robyn Chau||Events Program Manager, Brand Team||BrazilJS 2014||My home||No||http://mzl.la/1ldAyVS||http://mzl.la/1ldAyVS|
|Michelle Marovich||Community Building||Vouching as a form of recognition||My home office||no, will link to slides||https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10ochWyZ2QEoLChKwmuBUW_4zTDkK9HVcylzEZq5Wn84/edit?usp=sharing||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozillians/Vouching|
|Karen Ward||Program Management||FxOS Mobile Partner Site||My home office||No||https://mobilepartners.mozilla.org/||https://mobilepartners.mozilla.org/ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Richard Milewski||Air Mozilla||Air Mozilla||Mountain View||No||https://air.mozilla.org||https://air.mozilla.org/hls-test/|
|Larissa Shapiro||Community Builders||Grow Program changes||SF||No||https://blog.mozilla.org/community/2014/08/20/quality-and-impact-and-the-future-of-the-grow-program/|
|Anthony Duignan Cabrera (#adc)||Mozilla Voices||Mozilla Voices||SF||No||https://etherpad.mozilla.org/DNV3CeuGk7||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozilla_Voices|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|David Slater||Chris Beard||Mountain View||Mountain View||Chief of Staff|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Clark Gaebel||Patrick Walton||Mountain View||San Francisco||Research|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Last week, we kicked off a “Firefox Growth Team” to more quickly prototype and test data-driven growth opportunities for Firefox. Learn more about it here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Growth_Team. And if you are interested - please email Eric Petitt, Chris More or Winston Bowden.
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
- bug 1050230 Use better icons for the guided bug entry product selection to differentiate Fx, Fx for Android and FxOS