- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x92 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Messaging
- 4.1.5 Mobile
- 4.1.6 IT
- 4.1.7 Release Engineering
- 4.1.8 QA
- 4.1.9 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.10 Security
- 4.1.11 Engagement
- 4.1.12 Web Compatibility
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Congratulations to Rabimba Karanjai for being awarded a Loft Video Game Innovation Fellowship from the Entertainment Software Association, for his Firefox OS game Math Racer. Best wishes to him for his trip to Washington DC on October 1-3 to present his game to White House and Congressional representatives interested in games in STEM education.
- Congratulations to Leona Szalai, who localizes social media content for Firefox into Hungarian, on her recent nuptials.
- Thank you to Brian King and Guillermo Movia for hand-carrying swag across 3 continents so Marcelo Poli could receive his app reviewer prizes.
- Thank you to JP for making Community Building a P1 this week!
- Thank you to Sofien (Chaasof) for being a star Wiki gardener.
- Thank you to everyone who put in extra hours on last week's NSS security chemspill. An especially large thank you to Kai Engert for driving the patches to the finish line and landing them on the myriad release branches we had to deal with.
Monday, 29 September
Tuesday, 30 September
- Brown Bag event: Firefox OS HDMI Dongle
- 11:30a-1:30p at Mozilla MTV MozSpace, in the MTV Commons
- Will be available via AirMozilla
- Come pick up a device to try out!
Wednesday, 01 October
Thursday, 02 October
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC: Grow Mozilla discussion -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
Friday, 03 October
Saturday, 04 October
Sunday, 05 October
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: MV (cbeard) London (johnath)
- Firefox at 10 years stuff (cbeard)
- Unheralded Heroics
- Mac signing
Speaker Location: San Francisco (Bill Maggs)
Mozilla Location Service - Look for a new, much improved Mozstumbler in Google Play Store in the coming weeks! Many, many community stumbling events in planning stages. Contact your rep or Pierros Papadeas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Firefox Accounts - FxA is available for Mozilla services. It's not hard! Resources on MDN here. If you would like FxA to do auth for your service, please contact Bill Maggs (email@example.com) or Chris Karlof (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Speaker Location: Mark Surman (Toronto); William Quiviger (remote)
- Update on Community Tiger Team activities.
- Moving forward with six Contribution Challenges.
- Team is also working on: survey to better understand community health and a communications plan.
- William Quiviger to give an update on the FXOS Local Content Challenge
- Firefox : Firefox 10
- Business Owner's: Winston/Eric; Community Liaisons: Kristin Baird/Brian King
- Defining a plan targeted at driving downloads as part of the Firefox 10th Anniversary campaign.
- Firefox Growth:
- Business Owner: Chris More; Community Liaison: Larissa Shapiro
- Identifying opportunities for community participation as part of the Growth team initiatives.
- FXOS Local Content:
- Business Owner: Sakina Goth; Community Liaison: William Q.
- Finalizing plan to produce a large volume of high quality hyper-local content for FXOS users in India and Mexico, in a very short time frame, and in parallel, train Mozillians to become skilled evangelists and developer mentors to ensure long-term sustained support and mentorship for local developers creating hyper-local content for FXOS
- FXOS in market Communications:
- Business Owner: Erica Jostedt/Tristan Nitot; Community Liaison: Guillermo Movia
- Finalizing a communications plan to continue to drive momentum/exposure for FXOS post launch. Plan will focus activities in India & Mexico.
- FXOS + Webmaker:
- Business Owner: David Ascher; Community Liaison: Michelle Thorne
- Finalizing plan focused on user research that helps us understand ways that 'user generated apps' can solve problems for the next billion web users. Beta testing to begin in Oct; with kickoff at MozFest.
- Will actively play a role in shipping Mobile Webmaker (aka Appmaker) through user testing at Maker Parties and conduct interviews with feature phone users to understand the problems they want to solve.
- Business Owner: Sean Bohan; Community Liaison: Michelle Marovich
- Define a system to generate content for regional community tiles in 20 launch markets for October 15 and put an ongoing structure in place for regional communities to own the content schedule for regional community tiles.
Speaker Location: MTV (guillermo)
Vidyo has released Vidyo Desktop v3.3.0 (27) with the below added features and fixes. This release has already been tested within IT and is ready to be released to the organization. Here are the details for the rollout:
Rollout Dates: A week from now, this update will become mandatory on Monday 10/6/2014. Today, you can download the client w/ the following links below.
New Features: Join a conference with camera, mic and/or speakers muted Join a conference with your full screen shared and camera, mic, speakers muted Easier access to your rooms public link via client UI Many bug fixes for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Note: after upgrading, a pop-up will appear saying that you do not have a current version. Please select “Not Now” and the do not remind me checkbox.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Sean Martell||Art Director||Update on the MozID logo project||Remotely - my house outside Toronto||Not sharing my screen, but when I'm finished talking I'd like to play a video available at the link shown here.||Video is on this page.||https://blog.mozilla.org/creative/|
|Marshall Erwin||Privacy & Data Security||Database dumping practices||Mountain View||No||No||Email questions to email@example.com|
|Liz Compton||Legal Affairs Manager||Update from Legal||San Francisco||No||https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/display/LGL/Legal+Resources+Home, https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/legal/, https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/privacy/||Provide feedback on any of the above here: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/9wwHAN2CwL|
|Bill Mills||Science Lab Community Manager||Open Source Science Projects!||Moz Vancouver||No||None||Original call for proposals.|
|Sakina Groth||Product Marketing Manager||Developer Brown Bag: The first Firefox OS HDMI Dongle!||Remote||No||None||Go here to watch the brown bag presentations remotely tomorrow|
|Bhavana Bajaj||Release Manger||Update on Firefox OS Release Cadence||(Readonly)||No||None||Go here to watch the brown bag presentations remotely tomorrow or join us in MTV Commons at 9am PT on 9/30|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Xidorn Quan||Jet Villegas||San Francisco||Australia-Remote||Layout|
|David Anderson||Andreas Gal||Mountain View||Mountain View||Graphics|
|Suzanne Hetrick||Dave Slater||Mountain View||Mountain View||Executive Assistant to Dave|
|Fabio Rios||Michaela Smiley||Remote||San Francisco||User Engagement|
|Lindsay Saunders||Caitlin Galimidi||Portland||San Francisco||Program Management - Marketplace|
|Fernando Jimenez Moreno||David Scravaglieri||Paris||Netherlands-Remote||Firefox OS Engineering|
|Sharyl Sun||Jill Alvarez||Mountain View||San Francisco||University Recruiter|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
- bug 1054141 You can now configure Bugzilla to never send you email about changes made by a particular user
- bug 891199 Clicking on "NEEDINFO" at the top of the page now scrolls you to the comment requesting the information
- bug 1037663 When creating a bug, task-specific bug entry forms are now displayed
See the Minutes