- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x2000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x2000 Conf# 8600
- sip:email@example.com or, for some clients, sip:firstname.lastname@example.org (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Content Services
- 4.1.5 Messaging
- 4.1.6 Mobile
- 4.1.7 IT
- 4.1.8 Release Engineering
- 4.1.9 QA
- 4.1.10 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.11 Security
- 4.1.12 Engagement
- 4.1.13 Web Compatibility
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thank you to Soumya Kanti Chakraborty, Andrzej Mazur, Oliver Propst, and Martin Jernberg for participating in the S2W call this week!
- Thank you to Tyler Snow, James Hayes, and Kekoa Riggin for helping us with implementing the MQM standard for evaluating the translation quality of Firefox OS 2.1 localizations, and future Mozilla l10n projects!
- Thank you to Jess Lin - SF site coordinator, for "just in time" bicycle delivery of standing banners from Embarcadero to Dogpatch for PhoneGap Day workshop / event Oct 23. Go Jess!
Monday, 27 October
- Renee Cheung will be giving a talk in MTV Commons at 1:00 PST on Mentorships and demonstrate Kitherder, then work with anyone who wants to preload the developer instance of Kitherder with their mentorhsip projects in anticipation of the launch of our official platform!
- Mobile Monday SV
- Mozilla SF Oct 27th 6pm
- Speakers Rick Fant and Bertrand Neveurx will present on the Analysis of the App Ecosystem in Key Emerging Markets | Brazil | China | India | Mexico
Tuesday, 28 October
Wednesday, 29 October
TechWomen ELs presenting from SF and MTV
Thursday, 30 October
Friday, 31 October
- FSCONS 2014
- October 31st - November 2nd in Gothenburg , SWEDEN
- Speakers and attendees are Oliver Propst, Martin Jernberg, Soumya Kanti Chakraborty
- FSCONS is the largest gathering for free culture, free software and a free society in the Nordic countries.
- Arabic Mozilla Meetup
- October 31st - November 2nd, in Istambul, Turkey
- Community meeting to work on L10n, Community building and other topics.
- October 31st - November 2nd, in Istambul, Turkey
Saturday, 01 November
Sunday, 02 November
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: MV (johnath)
- #fx10 Firefox 10th Birthday Community Engagement Update [slides] (Jessica Osorio)
Speaker Location: MV (Sandip Kamat and Asa Dotzler)
- Voice (Speech) input in Firefox / FxOS / Open Web
* Think "Apple Siri" or "Ok Google" for the open web * Planned in 2 phases: * Phase 1 -- Local/offline recognition, support handful commands * Phase 2 -- Cloud based, natural language recognition, broader questions/answers (virtual assistant) * Demo Video Links: https://hacks.mozilla.org/2014/09/enabling-voice-input-into-the-open-web-and-firefox-os/ * Bugtree: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=1032964&hide_resolved=1 * Need community Support: Dev/test of language packs/accents. Prototype apps & details coming soon. Stay tuned.
- Firefox OS in the News:
- There are a couple of good discussions happening in the developer forums including:
- Firefox OS on RaspberriPi is getting some attention as well:
- Firefox OS Is Coming to Raspberry Pi - Hacker News discussion
- Mozilla Positions Firefox OS as a Competitor to Raspbian for Raspberry Pi - OSTATIC
- Mozilla to make Firefox OS a tasty filling for a Raspberry Pi - The Inquirer
- Mozilla wants Firefox OS to have a feed on Raspberry Pi - ZDNet
- Mozilla hopes to challenge Raspbian as RPi OS of choice - The Register
- Flame Updates
- MozFest gave out approximately 800 Flames to attendees. New dogfooders incoming!
- We're awaiting shipment of Foxtrot Flames and finalized Foxtrot channel builds. It's probably going to be a few more weeks before we're ready to send out these phones.
- If you've emailed me (Asa) asking for a Flame, expect it to ship out this week. If you need a Flame to do your job and you don't have it, please let me know email@example.com.
- Firefox OS Development:
- 112 Mozillians made 230 changes to Firefox OS this last week. We have two first time committers to Firefox OS, Mahir Labib Chowdhury, who landed a fix for Bug 1085338 - "putting frequently used punctuation in bn-Provat layout might be improved" and recent new hire Ben Hsu fixed Bug 1081811 - "Telephony correct the usage of 'callschanged' event"
- Notable Features and Fixes
- Thomas Zimmermann implemented feature Bug 928362 - 802.11 (Wi-Fi) ad hoc feature
- Jan Keromnes fixed Bug 1011562 - Ship Firefox OS fonts with the simulator Now simulator will use proper fonts on all platforms!!
- Chris Lord fixed Bug 1086521 - (App-grouping) Groups should have alternating background shading
- Chris Jones fixed Bug 1082890 - Make BasicCompositor work with gonk widgetry again.
- Eitan Isaacson fixed Bug 1083944 - Implement screen reader quick navigation dialog
- Wilson Page landed Bug 1085316 - Update gaia-icons
Speaker Location: London
Jennie Rose Halperin
Please submit to the newsletter! We have a new process! Do you want to call out an awesome opportunity for contributors? Please fill out this *short* bugzilla form!
mjeffries, San Francisco
The Service Desk completed testing on the OS X Yosemite upgrade this weekend. After giving it a pretty through shakedown, we found that Yosemite did not have any notable compatibility issues with the mainstream apps used at Mozilla. We tested not only the applications available on Service Now, but we also tested compatibility with our mainstream Web applications and with our recently activated SSO capability. Yosemite came though without a hitch.
To check out the applications we tested, as well as the versions used, click here:
Important things to note before upgrading:
Make a backup of your important user data (if you are current on CrashPlan, this has already been done for you) If it's been awhile between upgrades, you may need to run a Unix permissions repair on your Mac before upgrading - we can help you with this step with a quick call to the Service Desk Be sure to upgrade the following applications BEFORE upgrading to Yosemite:
- VMWare Fusion
- Any third-party application that installs KEXT's (Kernel Extensions)
Any questions? Contact us at the Service Desk.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Jennie Rose Halperin||Community Building Team||Preview of CBT Survey||Moz Space London||yes||https://jennierose.makes.org/popcorn/2e5o||TBA|
|Francisco Picolini||Community events manager||FOSDEM Call for Papers||Madrid, Remote||yes||https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/presentation/d/1I0Qdkr8EMyxKzWgz13oBZXr0EapBXj1ByH1rXlWvwgs/edit?usp=sharing||Discourse topic: https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/fosdem-call-for-papers/993|
|Lizz Noonan||TechWomen Mentor / Brand Engagement||TechWomen Emerging Leader Presentations||MTV||No||https://air.mozilla.org/techwomen-emerging-leader-presentations-mtv/||https://air.mozilla.org/techwomen-emerging-leader-presentations-mtv/|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Joyce Shen||Thomas Ho||Taipei||Taipei||Firefox OS Product manager|
|Tzu-Hao Kuo||Chia-Hung Tai||Taipei||Taipei||Firefox OS Software Engineer|
|Chun-Min Chang||Kershaw Chang||Taipei||Taipei||Firefox OS Software Engineer|
|Stephanie Chan||Sean Rich||Mountain View||San Francisco||WebOps Manager|
|Fabio Rios||Michaela Thayer||Remote (Alexandria, VA)||San Francisco, CA||Online Marketing Manager|
|Liz Hull||Michaela Thayer||Remote (Alexandria, VA)||Remote (Norfolk, VA)||Social Media Manager|
|Ben Niolet||Jessilyn Davis||Remote (Raleigh, NC)||Remote (Durham, NC)||Email Marketing Manager|
|Sandra Persing||Shezmeen Prasad||San Francisco, CA||Remote (Seattle, WA)||Developer Events Support|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- User Personalization (UP)
- Spending the week at Internet Identity Workshop
- Subscribe2Web (S2W
- Starting survey in the US. Snippets will be rolled in today.
Automation & Tools
- Hallvord participated to MozFest in London to teach about WebCompat
- There's a new version of UA override script. There are a couple of issues to solve.
- Mike Taylor, Guillaume Demesy and Alexa Roman are making progress on the issue view of webcompat.com.
- And as usual we are making progress on the Web Compatibility issues.
- We continued to discuss about the best ways to deal with the POODLE issue.
- Hallvord published a script for extracting issues body from webcompat.com.
Read more on Web Compatibility Activity