- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 3.1.1 Developer Relations
- 3.1.2 Firefox
- 3.1.3 Platform
- 3.1.4 Cloud Services
- 3.1.5 Messaging
- 3.1.6 Mobile
- 3.1.7 IT
- 3.1.8 Connected Devices
- 3.1.9 Release Engineering
- 3.1.10 QA
- 3.1.11 Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
- 3.1.12 Security
- 3.1.13 Engagement
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to Martin Giger for writing up a JPM changelog for the latest update! JPM releases contain crucial bug fixes that matter to developers, and this is the first time someone has documented them.
- Daniele Scasciafratte, for his Python script for packaging WebExtensions. Tools like these really improve the experience of developing WebExtensions, so thank you!
- Thanks to Mozilla Tech Speakers Rabimba Karanjai for speaking at IoT Summit in San Diego last week; Gabriel Mičko for participating in the Game of Code hackathon in Luxembourg; and Aya Soufan for her talk at the NablusTechMeetup at The Arabic American University in Palestine, introducing Mozilla contribution opportunities to attendees.
Monday, 11 April
Tuesday, 12 April
Wednesday, 13 April
Thursday, 14 April
Friday, 15 April
Saturday, 16 April
Sunday, 17 April
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Speaker Location: Toronto
- Firefox 46 release date has changed to Apr 26
The Firefox release date for Firefox 46 has been pushed out from April 19 to April 26. The corresponding merge dates and releases for beta 47, aurora 48, and nightly 49 will also move to be in sync with 46. If you have any questions please ask Liz Henry (:lizzard in #relman)
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|An-Me Chung||Director of Strategic Partnerships, Mozilla Foundation||Mozilla's new, interactive Web Literacy Map||Remotely||Yes||https://teach.mozilla.org/web-literacy||https://teach.mozilla.org/web-literacy|
|Lucy Harris||Program Manager, Participation Team||The New NDA Process||Toronto||Yes||https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/presentation/d/1IA7Y-W2z19zmWVSxXe7pvphwPhfQKByoCV_J_4O76MM/edit?usp=sharing||https://wiki.mozilla.org/NDA|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Farhan Patel||Stefan Arentz||Toronto||Canada Remote||Mobile UI|
|Calvin Chan||Mike Poessy||San Francisco||Vancouver||End User Services|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Developer Relations at Mozilla Monday, April 11, 2016
- Web Crypto APIs are now available in Workers in Firefox Nightly - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=842818
- New projects to watch: Tofino, Positron, SpiderNode
- AppCache not actually being removed… yet.
Planning: MozFest, Tech Speakers v2, Code Schools, Web Compat, content licensing
Events / Talks / Meetups / Trainings
- Dietrich spoke at OpenIoT Summit on using smartphones for IoT experiments http://openiotelc2016.sched.org/event/6DBG?iframe=no
- Jason attended Edge Summit
- Dietrich spoke at the PDX Quantified Self meetup on user trust and the UX of self-recording http://www.slideshare.net/dietrichayala/user-trust-and-the-design-of-self-recording
- Filed by team in the last 7 days: https://bit.ly/devrel-filed-7d
Blog posts & Podcasts
- Dan blogged on e10s for add-ons: https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2016/04/11/the-why-of-electrolysis/
- Flaki on RailsGirls SOC - https://hacks.mozilla.org/2016/04/rails-girls-summer-of-code-and-mozilla/
- Sole on MediaRecorder - https://hacks.mozilla.org/2016/04/record-almost-everything-in-the-browser-with-mediarecorder/
- Upcoming conference CFPs - https://bit.ly/mozdevrel-cfps
- DevRel team appearances - https://bit.ly/mozdevrel
- Tech Speakers appearances - https://bit.ly/moz-tech-speaker-cal
- Staff speaking appearances - https://bit.ly/moz-staff-devrel
- Community and Reps events - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/events/
- Need a speaker or sponsorship for an event? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/form.dev-engagement-event
- Need gear or swag? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/form.gear
- Are you staff and have event needs? https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Staff
Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
Connected Devices meetup in San Fransisco on April 21st. We have one great speaker planned and are confirming 2 more.