- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 3.1.1 Developer Relations
- 3.1.2 Firefox
- 3.1.3 Platform
- 3.1.4 Cloud Services
- 3.1.5 Messaging
- 3.1.6 Mobile
- 3.1.7 IT
- 3.1.8 Connected Devices
- 3.1.9 Release Engineering
- 3.1.10 QA
- 3.1.11 Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
- 3.1.12 Security
- 3.1.13 Engagement
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Congratulations to erosman and teo, who have reached level 8 in the add-on reviewer program, with over 1.2 million points each. Erosman has reviewed 17,061 add-ons and Teo has reviewed 17,346 add-ons--amazing! Thank you both for your contributions!
- Thanks to all the contributors who helped file and resolve bugs related to the AMO restyle: rctgamer3, Luís Miguel, Teo Życzkowski, Aryx, Fan Yang, and smayer97.
- Thanks to contributors Justin Dorfman and Joshua Mervine for their Hacks post on Implementing SRI (Subresource Integrity) in your build process
Monday, 18 April
Tuesday, 19 April
Wednesday, 20 April
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (every other Wednesday — fortnightly)
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
San Francisco (at MozSF 1st floor, host: Tantek Çelik), and
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working, ask the experts questions.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today?beta#bottom
- Weekly Bug Verification Day
Thursday, 21 April
Connected Devices Meetup in the San Fransisco commons.
- Pizza at 6:15
- Speakers at 7:00
- Brian Leroux - Building a serverless Slackbot using AWS Lambda and JS
- Gabrielle Crevecoeur - presenting the Frozen NodeBot: a voice activated Elsa singing doll
- Alfred Tom - Wivity's wireless modems powered by the cloud that can be swapped just like an AA battery.
Friday, 22 April
Saturday, 23 April
Sunday, 24 April
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Potch||Podium Poo-bah||Tiny Extension for presenting wikis||Mountain View||Already sharing!||not really||https://github.com/potch/wikifullscreen/releases|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Erin Toy||Josh Kruse||Mountain View||Mountain View||New HRBP working with Connected Devices, WPR, Metrics, Internal Comms, and Finance|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Developer Relations at Mozilla Monday, March 7, 2016
Planning: Most of the team will be in NYC next week for team site building. Other stuff: Tech Speakers v2, code schools, RPi2 + Web V2, prep for Berlin IoT sprint, London workweek.
Events / Talks / Meetups / Trainings
- Jen spoke at An Event Apart Seattle, Respond Sydney, Respond Melbourne, Respond Mega Meetup.
- Dan spoke at Twin Cities Code Camp on WebAssembly. Slides and resources at https://callahad.github.io/tccc20-wasm
- Sole spoke at WordCamp London about Let’s Encrypt + WordPress. https://soledadpenades.com/2016/04/08/securing-your-self-hosted-website-with-lets-encrypt/
- Sole also travelled 5409 miles (and back) to Montevideo for JSConf.UY to give a talk on MediaRecorder. Slides: https://soledadpenades.com/files/t/2016_rtalchemy/ (requires desktop Nightly).
- Dietrich gave an internal talk for the branding and marketing teams on success patterns for working openly and with volunteers
- Belén spoke at WordCamp London about whether you need a framework or not. Slides http://belen-albeza.github.io/talk-frameworks/
- Flaki kicked off HappyCodeFriends https://github.com/MozillaHU/happycodefriends/
- Filed by team in the last 7 days: https://bit.ly/devrel-filed-7d
Publishing & Podcasts
- How to implement SRI in your build process, by Justin Dorfman and Joshua Mervine https://hacks.mozilla.org/2016/04/how-to-implement-sri-into-your-build-process/
Code / Demos
- Belén made a game for Ludum Dare http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-35/?action=preview&uid=547 and wrote up a post-mortem: http://belenalbeza.com/ludum-dare-35-post-mortem
- Upcoming conference CFPs - https://bit.ly/mozdevrel-cfps
- DevRel team appearances - https://bit.ly/mozdevrel
- Tech Speakers appearances - https://bit.ly/moz-tech-speaker-cal
- Staff speaking appearances - https://bit.ly/moz-staff-devrel
- Community and Reps events - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/events/
- Need a speaker or sponsorship for an event? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/form.dev-engagement-event
- Need gear or swag? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/form.gear
- Are you staff and have event needs? https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Staff