« previous week | index | next week »
- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 3.1.1 Developer Relations
- 3.1.2 Firefox
- 3.1.3 Platform
- 3.1.4 Messaging
- 3.1.5 Mobile
- 3.1.6 IT
- 3.1.7 Connected Devices
- 3.1.8 Release Engineering
- 3.1.9 QA
- 3.1.10 Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
- 3.1.11 Security
- 3.1.12 Engagement
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Friends of Mozilla
- Thanks to Martin Giger for being super helpful in the add-on forums, answering questions about WebExtensions
- Thanks to Trishul Goel for fixing 5 AMO bugs so far this month!
- Thanks to Francisco Picolini for adding more than 10 hours of Mozilla presentations from FOSDEM 2016 to Air Mozilla.
Monday, 16 May
Tuesday, 17 May
Wednesday, 18 May
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (every other Wednesday — fortnightly)
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
- Göteborg SWEDEN,
San Francisco (at MozSF 1st floor, host: Tantek Çelik)
- 17:30-18:30 Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working, ask the experts questions.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today?beta#bottom
- Göteborg SWEDEN,
Thursday, 19 May
Friday, 20 May
Saturday, 21 May
Sunday, 22 May
Thursday, May 26 Monthly Speaker Series: Interview with Kevin Kelly
Join us at 10:30am PT / 1:30pm ET / 6:30pm UTC on Air Mozilla and at our Mozilla San Francisco Commons to hear Wired Founder and Senior Maverick and Futurist Kevin Kelly share on "Twelve Technology Forces Shaping the Next 30 Years." Our own John Jensen will interview Kevin, drawing off of Kelly's upcoming book, "The Inevitable," to explore these longer-term trends and what they mean for those of us building the technology and helping influence the protocols and policies to support it.Full details on the Speaker Series page.*
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Jenn Beard||Mozilla Gigabit Fund Manager||Mozilla Gigabit Community Fund||Remote (Missouri)||No||--||blog.mozilla.org/gigabit/|
|Gervase Markham||Policy Engineer||Launch of MOSS Track 2 ("Mission Partners") - MOSS now open to any open source project||Remote (Sheffield, UK)||No||No||MOSS, Mission Partners track, blog post, tweet|
|Christopher Arnold||Business Development||Update on London Dino Tank||San Francisco||No||||http://mozilladinotank.tumblr.com/|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Natalie Haywood||Sean Rich||Mozilla Portland||Mozilla Portland||IT Service Delivery for Apps, Data and more!|
|Sierra Reed||Maura Tuohy||San Francisco||San Francisco||Social Marketing & Open Comms|
|Keegan Ferrando||Linda Ypulong||San Francisco||San Francisco||MOC Engineer - keeping production up and running!|
|Matthew Devney||Linda Ypulong||San Francisco||San Francisco||MOC Engineer - keeping production up and running!|
|Eric Renaud||Alex Costello||Mountain View||Mountain View||He's working on the marketing project management team and standing up one of the durable teams.|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Sai Prashanth Chandramouli||Chris Karlof||SF||SF||Identity|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- If you have ideas for the Hacks blog, or anything you’d like to write, email Havi or add it to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Gio posted about Raspberry Pi work, find him in London! https://twitter.com/mozhacks/status/729328782163611649
- Sole updated her Let’s Encrypt guide. https://soledadpenades.com/2016/04/08/securing-your-self-hosted-website-with-lets-encrypt/
Events / Talks / Meetups / Trainings
- Sole spoke at Web Progressions talk on HTTPS + Progressive Web apps + new apis + let's encrypt. https://webprogressions.org/
- Flaki hosted the Mozilla Hackerlounge at JSConf/CSSConf Budapest. https://twitter.com/hashtag/mozhacks
- Sole is in Thessaloniki in Greece for a talk at DevIt
- Dietrich is going to Google I/O this week
- Flaki will be at Nodebots Berlin on Saturday
- Need a speaker or sponsorship for an event? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/form.dev-engagement-event
- Need gear or swag? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/form.gear
- Are you staff and have event needs? https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Staff
- Upcoming conference CFPs - https://bit.ly/mozdevrel-cfps
- DevRel team appearances - https://bit.ly/mozdevrel
- Tech Speakers appearances - https://bit.ly/moz-tech-speaker-cal
- Staff speaking appearances - https://bit.ly/moz-staff-devrel
- Community and Reps events - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/events/
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
- bug 232193 bmo's systems (webheads, database, etc) use UTC natively for o/s timezone and date storage in MySQL