- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- https://air.mozilla.org/channels/project-meeting/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- A big thank you from Nightly users everywhere to Kohei Yoshino who has spent several months working on a WebExtension port of the Nightly Tester Tools add-on, which is now available from addons.mozilla.org. Whilst there is still some functionality to add, it already comes with some very useful features that Nightly users will immediately appreciate. Many thanks to Kohei for his work (together with those Mozillians that have provided assistance and feedback) on this useful add-on and for contributing his time to help the Nightly user community.
- Thanks to Mozillian Ioana Chiorean from Cluj, Romania, who came to visit SF and Mtn View on behalf of Softvision and their work testing Quantum, and helped with Logo updates on Corsica, our internal display system, and much else.
- Thanks to Tech Speakers Giannis, Yuli, Daniele, Anjana, Elio, Bob, Kiki, Rizky, who gave talks in Italy, Mexico, Germany, Philippines, and Indonesia, and props to Flaki & Srushtika who ran VR demos for the Berlin office opening celebration.
Monday, 16 October
- Meet the W3C Advisory Board in London (with Mozillian Tantek Çelik)
- 19:30 BST at GSMA, 25 Walbrook, London EC4N 8AF (nearest tube station Bank)
- Doors open(ed) at 19:00 BST
- Open to the public
- Free RSVP for Web Developers: https://ti.to/w3c-ab/meet-the-w3c-ab-london-oct-2017
- Today in Berlin we’re hosting a Firefox Self-Defense event with Fitness Influencer Jana Micus. We’re helping more people learn how online life, is real life and giving them the power to shift control back to themselves through their browser and physical defense tactics.
Tuesday, 17 October
- Add-ons Good First Bugs Triage
- 17:00 UTC / 10:00 Pacific; ACE Vidyo Room
- WebExtensions APIs Triage
- 17:30 UTC / 10:30 Pacific; ACE Vidyo Room
- 18:30 UTC / 11:30 PT - TechWomen 2017 Emerging Leader Presentations in SF, MTV, and on Air Mozilla
Wednesday, 18 October
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (nearly every Wednesday somewhere)
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
- Nürnberg (Germany),
Virtual EU (UTC+2),
- 17:30-18:30 Quiet Writing Hour, finish that blog post, wiki edit, etc.!
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup, demos, & hack night
Any questions? See the event wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
and check out the Slack or IRC: https://indieweb.org/discuss
- Nürnberg (Germany),
- Speaker Series Privacy as a Competitive Advantage with Gry Hasselbalch
- Location: Mozilla Paris + Air Mozilla
- Time: Noon UTC / 2pm CET
Today it’s a competitive edge for companies to respect user privacy and their right to control their own data. The organizations who view data ethics as a social responsibility - who place similar importance on data as they do environmental awareness and respect for human rights - will win in the market.
Data ethics expert Gry Hasselbalch will share both broad industry trends as well as specific case studies of companies employing data ethics. She’ll also show how citizens and consumers are no longer just concerned about lack of control over their data, but are starting to act - demonstrating the importance of digital trust to growth and prosperity. She’ll also explore how new business models, advances in technology and a new European data protection regulation support a growing market for data-ethical products and services.
Thursday, 19 October
- Homebrew Website Club BERLIN (Thursday exception this week, see linked wiki page for details)
Friday, 20 October
TwitchCon on Oct 20 - 22 in Long Beach.
- Firefox gets you to the things you love faster! The Firefox Fast Pass is back and this time at TwitchCon where attendees can win front of the line passes and engage with our onsite team.
- Keep an eye on @Firefox on social media channels!
- Our hosts, Funny as Tech will explore The Future of the Internet!
- The show welcomes Tracy Chou (Former Pinterest, diversity in tech advocate, recently named 35 Innovators under 35 by MIT Technology Review), Alexandra Ossola (features editor for Futurism.com), and David Berkowitz (chief strategy officer at Sysomos, frequent tech writer & speaker).
- Watch as a freewheeling and unexpected conversation unfolds in this fast-moving tech-comedy panel show. Both laughter and learning ensue...
Saturday, 21 October
Sunday, 22 October
Pop Up Magazine - Oct 23 in Portland
- Firefox is sponsoring the Pop Up Magazine event in Portland next week - an in-real-life event with stories about science, politics, pop culture, sports, social issues, music, business, art, crime, technology, food, and more.
- The event will feature the Firefox Farm to Browser video as part of the live show, and our team will have a chance to engage with influencers throughout the evening.
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Lizz Noonan||Diversity and Inclusion Project Manager||Introducing... The D&I Dish||SF office||No||No||https://air.mozilla.org/techwomen-2017-emerging-leader-presentations|
|Daniel Kessler||Internet Health Marketing||The Glass Room London||SF office||No||https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1jMP-JFQ3jgSa6UIMKNCfZEztP_3YSd7aQaIYBUcoZGQ/edit#slide=id.g25bacd5c84_0_104||https://theglassroom.org/|
|Asa Dotzler||Firefox Roadmap||Firefox Update||MTV||No||n/a||2017-10-16|
|Michael Van Kleeck||Enterprise Solutions Architect||The Weekly MinIT!||PDX||No||n/a||https://wiki.mozilla.org/IT/WeeklyMinIT|
|Marshall Erwin||Trust & Safety||Data Privacy Training||remote||no||n/a||no|
|Potch||Developer Advocate||This week's ET Update||MTV||No||n/a||https://wiki.mozilla.org/WeeklyUpdates/EmergingTechnology|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Their Name||Your Name||Intro location||Their Location||Their Role|
|Kerry Reynolds||Eric Petitt||San Francisco||Toronto||Director of Integrated Marketing|
|Cherry Park||Porfirio Landeros||San Francisco||San Francisco||Senior Product Marketing Manager|
|Nancy Hang||Azita Rashed||Mountain View||Mountain View||Senior Engineering Program Manager|
|Tara Robertson||Larissa Shapiro||Mountain View||Mountain View||Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Partner|