« previous week | index | next week »
- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- https://air.mozilla.org/channels/project-meeting/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 Fireside Chat
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Friends of Mozilla
- Props to Bianca Danforth and Irene Storozhko of Outreachy & Mozilla Tech Speakers who supported the FilterBubbler hackathon with Ean Schuessler at Grace Hopper Celebration Open Source Day last week.
- Props to Tech Speakers Yuli, Andrzej, Abhiram, Trishul, Santosh, Jan-Erik, Yamama, Anjana, Giannis, Rizky & Miguel who gave talks in Mexico, Poland, Argentina, Palestine, Croatia, Greece, Indonesia, and Venezuela
- A shout out to Random Firefox User (@FirefoxScout) and Emma Mason (@Ingolf_He) for all the great replies to Twitter users looking for help.
- Congrats to community members Viswaprasanth Ks & Karthic Keyan for hosting a great 2-day extensions hackathon at SRM University this last weekend!
Monday, 09 October
Tuesday, 10 October
- Add-ons Community Meeting
- 17:00 UTC (10am Pacific); ACE Vidyo Room
Wednesday, 11 October
Thursday, 12 October
Friday, 13 October
Saturday, 14 October
Sunday, 15 October
Wednesday, 18 October
- Wednesday, 18 October 2017: Privacy as a Competitive Advantage with Gry Hasselbalch
- Location: Mozilla Paris + Air Mozilla
Today it’s a competitive edge for companies to respect user privacy and their right to control their own data. The organizations who view data ethics as a social responsibility - who place similar importance on data as they do environmental awareness and respect for human rights - will win in the market.
Data ethics expert Gry Hasselbalch will share both broad industry trends as well as specific case studies of companies employing data ethics. She’ll also show how citizens and consumers are no longer just concerned about lack of control over their data, but are starting to act - demonstrating the importance of digital trust to growth and prosperity. She’ll also explore how new business models, advances in technology and a new European data protection regulation support a growing market for data-ethical products and services.
- Hosts: Raegan MacDonald and Sylvestre Ledru
- Cool blog post
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (nearly every Wednesday somewhere)
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
- Nürnberg (Germany),
Virtual EU (UTC+2),
- 17:30-18:30 Quiet Writing Hour, finish that blog post, wiki edit, etc.!
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup, demos, & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: https://indieweb.org/discuss
- Nürnberg (Germany),
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Asa Dotzler||Firefox Roadmap||This Week in Firefox||MTV||no||n/a||Weekly Updates|
|Michael Van Kleeck||Enterprise Solutions Architect||The Weekly MinIT!||PDX||No||n/a||https://wiki.mozilla.org/IT/WeeklyMinIT|
|Diane Tate||Internal Commmunications||Y'all Hands electives proposals due Friday||SFO||No||n/a||https://wiki.mozilla.org/All_Hands/Austin/electives + https://goo.gl/forms/IrqxtBcWV1MOy2Ap2|
|Alan Jeffrey||Research Engineer||Emerging Technologies weekly update||Chicago||No||n/a||https://wiki.mozilla.org/WeeklyUpdates/EmergingTechnology|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Abe Wallin||Jofish||Mountain View||San Francisco||Lead Designer, Emerging Technologies|
|Jessica Margolin||John Jensen||Remote (Vidyo)||San Francisco (but in MV today)||Analyst Community Manager|
|Jonathan Koren||Kenny Long||MV||San Jose||Machine Learning & Recommendations engineer for Pocket|
A chance to hear from leadership at Mozilla, and have a short Q&A about a specific topic.
You can submit questions in advance on the Moderator page (link), or ask them live on Air Mozilla using a Mozilla Space mic or in #airmozilla on IRC.