Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
bittin, pascal, Dianna, telin, dmeehan, RyanVM, Aryx, dveditz, JR
- All active releases @ 100% rollout, no dot releases on the radar
- Firefox 98 Beta 8 GTB
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- MissionControl v1 breakage
- similar data query: https://sql.telemetry.mozilla.org/queries/84427/source#209103
- both crash count and usage hours decreased but by a different share, needs Data team
mc2 crash incidence (% of users experiencing a crash): 2.17% (+0.38pp compared to previous week) == back to normal level, crash rate (crashes/active hour for crashing profiles): 1.87 (-0.29)
mc1 crash rate: crashes/1k usage hours ()
- backouts from central for crashes, new Nightlies will be availabe soon
mc2 crash incidence: 2.86% (pp), crash rate: 2.81 ()
- might be lagging, didn't show any data yesterday
mc1 crash rate: ()
mc2 crash incidence: 1.49% (+0.04pp), crash rate: 1.50 (+0.01)
mc1 crash rate: ()
Aurora / Dev Edition
Feature Status Review
- Firefox 98 (Beta)
- Remove the download modal is back ON TRACK. Uplifted bugfix 1753004 into Fx98 Beta.
- All other features appear to be on track.
- Firefox 99 (Nightly)
- Working to gather updates as yesterday was a US Holiday. No immediate concerns or known feature risks.
- Desktop V97 week 1 release report: https://mailchi.mp/mozilla/fx-desktop-v97-week-1-sumo-report
- A few bugs contributing to inbound. (bug1752466 and Bug1253401) V97.0.1 set to resolve these issues.
Roundtable & Special Topics
- Will there be QA attendance of the Tuesday channel meeting?