last meeting | index | next meeting »
|Thunderbird 3.3 Beta 1||Thunderbird 3.1.10|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Tuesday, April 12, 2011 16:30 UTC (9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern)
- How to dial-in
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> roland
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that he can send them a shirt!
Mozilla Messaging is being integrated into Mozilla Labs. Blog posts by Mitchell Baker and David Ascher have more details.
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Had a bunch of meetings.
- Need to send out a bunch of info.
- Also need to continue working on the new UI.
chapter in the FLOSS manual (preview)
Bugfixes, most important is newer builds now work properly when there are multiple windows open at the same time. Working on backend patches with :bienvenu and :asuth to speed things up for messages that just arrived and haven't been downloaded yet. Should improve reactivity a lot if you received a message with attachments over IMAP and try to display it at once.
Compose in a tab
Released a snapshot version, see thread in mozilla-labs. Patch send by FredCK, should help with the blockquote issue, I still need to give it a try.
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- The Messaging Menu port to JS-Ctypes is complete - a new version should be up on labs today or tomorrow.
- I'm doing an online talk for Ubuntu App Developer week on my Unity integration work - today, 4PM EST, #ubuntu-classroom on Freenode.
- My talk will be mainly focused on how I interface with the Unity libraries via JS-Ctypes
Miramar & Trunk Development
- We're going to be resyncing Miramar on to the same backend as Firefox 5.0
- This would put our release date at late June/early July.
- Final freezes sometime in May.
- More information will get onto tb-planning during the week as we work out the details.
- Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- Revised code freeze for 3.1.10 is today, should be building this week.
- Updater fixes now landed which will hopefully resolve the update issues we've been seeing (with mis-matched versions).
- SQLite upgraded to 3.7.4 which should fix a topcrash we've been seeing.
- Bug Lists: 3.1
- tester's mailing list is low traffic you should subscribe to be warned when testing is going on.
- The QA page is going under a lot of rewrite : feedback wanted !
- PR Update: Mozilla Messaging announcement, coverage 1, 2, 3
- Hit 7.1MM ADUs and consistently reaching 7MM ADUs, 10% of Thunderbird users now on 2.0
- All Hands.
- Next Up
- Web site work.
- Coordinating with Firefox marketing.
Build / Release Update
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 603 new support topics (my guess: higher count is due to Firefox 4 "knock-on" effect) - Media:4-10April-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Kitsune KB migration: [Project Plan] Dutch, French, Polish, Spanish locales are the first locales to get most of their translations done; thanks for being Thunderbird Kitsune pioneers! Let's try to finish those locales soon! Missing some big locales like Germany and Japan which means we may push back the launch back from April 19th
- 3.1 Support Issues
- At Mozilla All Hands, discussed the effect on TB Support if TB decides to get on the Firefox rapid release platform train (SUMO support plan for Firefox release plan; we'll need something similar if TB goes for rapid release)
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.