This page contains all of the important details for Affiliates website.
Firefox Affiliates is becoming Firefox Friends, an exciting new social sharing program.
Introducing Firefox Friends, our new social sharing program that offers a fresher, better way to show your support for Firefox and all things Mozilla.
At Firefox Friends, you’ll be at the forefront of our mission, sharing our latest news and announcements with the world. And much like Affiliates, you’ll be able to track your impact and get rewarded.
We’ll begin phasing out Affiliates in July 2015, so please take a moment to sign up for Firefox Friends. Thanks for helping us out so far. We can’t wait to have you on board!
Join Firefox Friends!
For more information, check out our blog post that explains these changes in more detail.
Affiliates allows Mozillians to create customized banners that they can share on their websites and blogs in order to promote Mozilla products. Currently includes: tracking total number of banners, clicks and clicks to download Firefox desktop/Android.
Goals and Measurements
- Allowing the website to include localization for its content.
- Easing the process of editing, and deleting the website's content, as well as adding new content.
- Implementing means to communicate to affiliates, the news and updates of the available banners and links.
- Statistics (Updated regularly)
- Affiliates Facebook Application
- Affiliates Newsletter
- Future Goals / Wish List -- features identified during initial build-out as desirable but not in scope.
- Code name: Affiliates (previously Spread Firefox)
- Prod URL: http://affiliates.mozilla.org
- Dev URL: http://affiliates-dev.allizom.org/
- Stage URL: http://affiliates.allizom.org/
- Code Repo: https://github.com/mozilla/affiliates
- What is currently deployed?: http://mzl.la/affiliates-deployed
- L10N Repo: https://svn.mozilla.org/projects/l10n-misc/trunk/affiliates/locale/
- Verbatim: https://localize.mozilla.org/projects/affiliates/
- IT Wiki Page: https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/display/websites/affiliates.mozilla.org
- Kanban board: https://mozilla.kanbanery.com/projects/42593/board/?key=a5c9e971ea786389fae1bbe37b3c5862f3ac894e
- IRC Channel: #affiliates on irc.mozilla.org
- How to add a banner
- How to create a banner
- How to do the weekly Affiliates Report
- Banner Release Tracking Spreadsheet
Development happens on the maser branch, which is synced to affiliates-dev every 15 minutes.
Releases are currently stalled due to a major redesign.
In Q1/Q2 2014, while building Affiliates 2.0, dev team meetings happen Fridays at 09:30 a.m. PDT/04:30 p.m. UTC.
A list of recent meetings is below. If a meeting you expect to see is missing, try changing the dates in the URL of one of the below.
- Weekly Check-up 2014-08-04
- Weekly Check-up 2014-07-31
- Weekly Check-up 2014-07-21
- Weekly Check-up 2014-07-16
Archived meetings are here: