- 1 Goals Progress
- 2 Highlights
- 3 In-Depth Project Discussion
- 4 The Overview
- 4.1 AutoPhone/Noah's Ark
- 4.2 Bughunter
- 4.3 Bugzilla
- 4.4 Eideticker
- 4.5 Firebug Testing
- 4.6 Jetperf
- 4.7 Marionette
- 4.8 Mobile Automation
- 4.9 Mobile Evangelism Site-Scraping Tool
- 4.10 Mochitest
- 4.11 MozBase
- 4.12 Mozmill
- 4.13 MozTrap
- 4.14 New Graphserver (Datazilla)
- 4.15 Open Web Apps
- 4.16 Peptest
- 4.17 Powerball
- 4.18 Pulse
- 4.19 Signal From Noise
- 4.20 Speedtests
- 4.21 Systems
- 4.22 Talos
- 4.23 Sheriffing & Trees
- 4.24 Treestatus
- 4.25 Tinderboxpushlog
- 4.26 War on Orange
- 4.27 Web QA
- 4.28 Automation Development
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Round Table
- 7 Misc
Below are our top level goals. Beneath each goal, note any progress made towards that goal this week.
- <insert goals here>
This is a place for people to put announcements or to describe activities that they'd like to highlight. It's not the responsibility of the MC to find things to put here.
- Fennec x86
- Installed android-x86 vms into ESXi, VMWare Fusion, VirtualBox. Android 2.2, 2.3 eeepc are supported. Later versions do not have ethernet support. Unfortunately can not run fennec x86 due to ABORT: OpenGL-accelerated layers are a hard requirement on this platform. Cannot continue without support for them. See: bug 771774, bug 778175. Are the performance and battery issues enough to continue to hard block non OpenGL devices? Being able to deploy android-x86 virtual machines for non-performance related testing may be a big enough win to allow non OpenGL devices.
- Appear to be able to run fennec on emulator x86 on OSX with HAX installed. Still investigating.
- New intern has joined!
- please welcome Yiming to the team. She'll be with us for 4 months, working on Marionette
- [Henrik] We finally turned the knob and switched over to the new CI system for Windows and Linux (this includes a speed-up from 2h to 20min for ondemand update tests!!!)
In-Depth Project Discussion
Pick one project/presenter per week who will give a detail presentation on their project.
Progress, notes, problems, and other statuses about current projects. Add any new projects to this template!
- Temporarily began running unit tests on phones in haxxor. Need to develop reduced test manifests.
- Currently rerunning s1s2 tests.
- [glob] work on another bugzilla 4.2 search blocker (bug 828344)
- [glob] updates to gear form
- [dkl+glob] random admin stuff
- [wlach] - Landed faster/better dashboard, new test manifest support (in preparation for B2G stuff)
- [wlach] - B2G dashboard results *almost* there
- [wlach] - Much of the data generated in December / early Jan was wrong. Trying to regenerate it.
- [mdas] had to change how we send touch events in the abstraction layer for b2g, due to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=823619. Dealing with fallout now.
- [ahal] Larger set of reftests now running on B2G emulator arm (bug 811779)
- [mcote] Various mozdevice fixes: made sut_tests pass again, improved reboot-callback handling
- [jhammel] Various minor cleanup fixes; looking into getting as much of m-c on mozbase as possible soon
- [camd] Wrapping up final changes for this dev push.
- [camd] I will be moving away from dedicated dev on MozTrap to work on other projects. New requests will be triaged on a case by case basis after 1/17.
- [camd] wrapping up scalability fix for multiselect for tags, suites and runs.
- [camd] Will release 1.4.0 this week
- [jeads] Updated https://datazilla.readthedocs.org
- [jeads] Built the in application help
- [jeads] Fixed cross browser UI layout bug
- [jeads] Adding feature to display the comparison revision for a given push to help validate the data.
Sheriffing & Trees
- [edmorley] Day-to-day sheriffing of the trees.
- [edmorley] Notifying top users of Try about TryServer best practices (bug 829932)
- [edmorley] TryChooser improvements in production: https://bugzil.la/823711,823907,823909,827886
- [edmorley] Reviewed bug 813132.
- [edmorley] Patches:
- [edmorley] New things in production: https://bugzil.la/828272,829092,826671,826028
- [edmorley] Patches:
- [edmorley] Patch to suppress the weekly War on Orange email to dev.tree-management if the OF is 0.0 (bug 827856)
- [edmorley] Ongoing backouts of newly introduced flaky tests & disabling of chronic top-oranges.
Standing weekly meeting related to our projects should go here
Put your questions and things to raise with the entire team here
Take notes here and copy and paste them to this section afterwards.
Holidays and Trips
- mcote out from Jan 21 - Feb 4 inclusive.
- jmaher out the week of Jan 28 - Feb 4 (with some internets during the time, email only)
Next week MC
Find something you think is cool, interesting, funny, or exciting and put it here