Auto-tools/New Contributor/Quarter of Contribution/Mozilla CI Tools
Title: Mozilla CI Tools hacker
Mentor: Armen Zambrano Gasparnian (:armenzg IRC, github)
Mozilla CI Tools is a toolchain that allows Mozilla to query and schedule build and test jobs dynamically in our CI system. This has been developed and integrated into a variety of different use cases (e.g. Try-Extender). There are a lot of small details to cleanup, fix, and features to add.
To get started learning about this project you can:
- checkout the source code
- become familiar with the different jobs we run (example dashboard a developer sees)
- pick up a bug from the todo list and try to create a pull request
We have set aside a series of bugs/features which we would love to have fixed.
Things we are looking for in an ideal contributor for this project:
- Basic knowledge of python
- Ability to research unfamiliar terms
- A great desire to [im]prove your software development skills
- Willingness to learn, suggest new things, and ask questions
- Someone who will communicate regularly and be willing to work in a team