- [DONE] [lmandel] Follow up with akeybl about partner builds that are not picking up ua override changes - jsmith noticed with youtube
- [lmandel] I posted to b2g-release-drivers about this issue today. Will follow up in that thread.
- [DONE] [jsmith] Follow up with Chris about getting app url lists to test with changing UA
Site Testing, Evangelism & Communication Status
- remove UA override for netflix.com bug 878643 (WONTFIX) :/
- remove UA override for tumblr.com bug 826361
- remove UA override for arstechnica.com bug 843149
- 21 sites are on the waiting list. [sitewait]
- Creation of whiteboard flags [sitewait] means the site has been contacted. It helps to know the status. As much as possible there is an history of the contacts.
- Some other whiteboard keywords documented
- Google+Beyond Fix in 2-3 weeks from today (2013-07-29).
- urbanspoon.com replied that they will fix their site to recognize Firefox OS
Gecko Specific Issues
- Discussion in bug 886605 about fixing Google ads issue via an addition to the apps manifest
Other Issues (tools, general, ...)
- Web Compatibility ML:
- Looks like there is a mismatch between the UA override list and the bugs flagged with [ua override]
- "Ownership" of major sites/company contact points - who does what, and where do we document this? Are we talking about the intranet page?
- Is the table of people being involved is up to date?
- Is this the place for Hallvord, Karl? If yes which label -
- Results from running jjensen's compat scripts against apps urls are not very interesting, most serve only mobile content
New Action Items
- [kdubost] to create a pull requests for UA override for netflix, tumblr and arstechnica. DONE - https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/11228
- [kdubost] to draft ideas around a tool for doing the Ébauche in Web Compatibility testing. Think about kind of YSlow report for Web Compat. Enter the URI, and get a simple report of potential issues. Could be useful for helping with bug reporting.
- [kdubost] to make a list of Web sites to contact and/or discover the contact information on Spanish-speaking Web sites already analyzed and send it to rep mailing-list.
- [kdubost] to update the intranet page about Web site contacts. Though I had sent an email for asking for issues with privacy.
- [lmandel] will follow up to fix compatibility archive link on mailing list page
- [kdubost] to check the list of ua override in between https://wiki.mozilla.org/Compatibility/Mobile/WipeOutUAOverides shows 117 open UA override bugs and https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/master/build/ua-override-prefs.js shows 159 overrides on Master