Introduction to Drumbeat
Ben and John gave a brief introduction to what Drumbeat is and an overview of the day
We did four spectrogram statements:
- When I use Facebook I feel remorse.
- I only like to share with people who also share.
- The recent Wikileaks leak was a good thing.
- The internet is basically open now.
We all sat in a circle and introduced ourselves: Name, From, Mood and one sentence about what we do.
There were a total of 12 projects with speed geek sessions, we did two rounds of 6 stations each.
- P2PU and School of Webcraft
- Universal Subtitles
- Brooklyn Amps
- Flat World Knowledge
- Innovation in Eduaction
- Add your project... I can't remember them all.
Wall of ideas
After we finished up with speed geeking we constructed a wall of ideas using sticky notes and organized it into a set of working groups.
Each working group took about 45 minutes to come up with a big idea or a concrete drumbeat project, after we finished we all reported back to the group and finished up for the day.
Please create a page for your group and fill in what you talked about:
- Drumbeat NYC—Edu
- Drumbeat NYC—P2PU
- Drumbeat NYC—Video
- Drumbeat NYC—Drumbeat meta
- Drumbeat NYC—Collaborative content
- Drumbeat NYC—Political/International/Economics
- Drumbeat NYC—Open Hardware
Drumbeat NYC was epic, we had a great crowd and a great space. We had some great conversations and made good connections.