Perfherder is an interactive dashboard intended to allow monitoring and analysis of automated performance tests run against Mozilla products (currently Firefox and Firefox for Android).
- Sheriffs (:igoldan, :bebe)
- Developers (:sclements, :igoldan)
Develop tools and integration of them to assist sheriffs to find and report regressions to developers, and to assist developers in understanding the impact of their changes and potential fixes.
- Graphical display of performance data over time
- An easy way to compare all performance tests for a given revision to another revision (or time range)
- An alert system to provide notification when there has been a level shift in performance data, along with tools for filing bugs when such events occur
- Integration with normal developer work flows for using the Try server and landing code
- fixing tests
- fixing harnesses
- adding new tests
- bisection of a range of commits to find the root cause
Dependencies / Who will use this
We have a dependency upon tools to generate data. Currently this is Talos, but the design is to allow all other types of tools to post here as well.
The other big dependency we have is TreeHerder. Right now we are tightly integrated into the project and use a lot of common data (branches, revisions, history, pushlog). We fully expect this to remain the case and will do our best to integrate as much as possible if it helps the workflow of the users.
The primary users will be:
Secondary users will be:
- manager (project, release)
We welcome contributions to Perfherder! We track issues inside the Perfherder component on bugzilla, see below for a list of open bugs.
The contribution section of the Treeherder page has some handy resources for those just getting started. In general, if you have a development version of treeherder running, you're all set to hack on Perfherder! Just jump to:
If you have a question, jump on #perfherder on irc.mozilla.org and look for :igoldan or :davehunt.
Source and docs
See the Treeherder page.
109 Total; 109 Open (100%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);