Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursday - 2:00pm PDT, 21:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 RelEng
- 7 Marketing/Communications
- 8 Support
- 9 Roundtable
- 10 Actions
- 11 Triage
- We are in our second week of the cycle - Firefox 14 Beta 7 and Fennec Native Beta 7 will both be going to build this afternoon
- Please continue to prioritize tracked FF14 bugs over tracked FF15 bugs over work landing on m-c
- The FF13 post-mortem will be held next Tuesday at 9AM PT
- bug 764087 – Please remove blocklist of email@example.com on FF13
- bug 753248 crash in coreclr with Silverlight applications with builds made on OS X 10.7 (Lion)
- Shows Firefox as unaffected for 14 but crashes in Firefox 14 b1 are in crash stats.
- bug 746036 - exploratory testing needed with yahoo/trustee
- bug 761990 - feedback button not displayed correctly
Have put Fx13 comms on hold while we're considering chem spill (Facebook, Twitter, Email)
Input isn't showing feedback for pre-release versions, so release feedback: (Trying to get it fixed for thursday).
New Tab: Generally unfavorable due in part to user education as displayed here "I submitted sad feedback because I want blank page when opening new tab. Should have read help first. Past history now turned off now very happy thanks Firefox"
Love it: 10%
- Hey, Your new view with the tabs, I love it! I switched to Safari b/c of this, but now I'm back! Great change!
- Love the new tab setup!!! Smart/great thinken
- the new tab feature is GREAT
- Firefox just updated and when I went to open a new tab I saw the new feature where the sites I visit frequently are displayed on the screen as an option to be selected from. What a great idea it is to include this. Thanks.
Improvements: 10% "Can we make the new tab interface more configurable? I want the option to load my home page when opening a new tab. Or I want to be able to choose what sites display more easily. Maybe an "Add to tab page" option on bookmarks?"
Home page: Generally unfavorable. Lots of confusing with new tab page.
- i liked the 'download' in the new home page, so i must not go to 'tools' first :)
- the new homepage layout is sleek and easy to get to settings and addons
- I liked the new tab :D and the new "about:home" page !! Keep it up with your fire firefox !! :D :D
- Update on health/status of daily beta builds
- Rapid Betas will be delayed by 6 weeks currently due to long pole (RelEng and QA/Automation) schedule risk because of higher priorities
- All groups should now be targeting 8/28 for our first daily build off of mozilla-beta
- We'll continue to help with planning, and will communicate schedule risk to all groups as soon as we know
Possible 13.0.1 Issues
- bug 762170 – Windows Messenger does not load within hotmail.com
- bug 736731 – Hotmail no longer auto-updates (due to "globalStorage" removal)
- bug 709860 – OOM crash in nsIDNService::Init @ mozilla::Preferences::GetBranch
- bug 762062 – Firefox startup crash in JS_HoldPrincipals (Correlation to Skype 184.108.40.20601)
- bug 733614 – CSS 'height' property on a multi-column block is not respected
- bug 756277 – XMLHttpRequest started from Cc["@mozilla.org/xmlextras/xmlhttprequest;1"] ends up bound to some random window
Other ride-alongs that we could hotfix for:
- bug 756850 – Some combinations of Hebrew vowels and consonants not displayed in certain fonts with harfbuzz
- bug 762162 – Cannot connect to Gmail with SPDY on
No longer an issue:
- bug 761598 – crash in RapportTanzan13 with Trusteer Rapport and LastPass
- bug 681521 – Firefox Crash [@ JS_GetContextPrivate ] (correlated to Trusteer Rapport)
Flash 11.3 Issues
- bug 763237 – Firefox crash in npswf32_11_3_300_257.dll@0x2ff5eb
- bug 759689 – Flash content is not loaded using Flash 11.3 Beta
- bug 763459 – RealPlayer Browser record plugin breaks Youtube since Fx13
- bug 763387 – IME doesn't work with Flash Player 11.3 with Protected Mode enabled
- bug 762948 – Repainting issue of Flash content when scrolling with Flash Player 11.3.300.257
- Can we determine whether these bugs we plan to bring up with Adobe affect 11.3 as well?
- Alex to confirm whether testing on 10.8 (RelEng work) is a priority now that signing is complete and we have manual testing in QA