Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursday - 2:00pm PDT, 21:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- We are here in the schedule
- Expected go to build for 14.0 beta 8 today (desktop & mobile)
- Please continue to prioritize tracked FF14 bugs over tracked FF15 bugs over work landing on m-c
- bug 765626 - Block Skype Click to Call -> WONTFIX, Skype is working on a fix and will release it later this week.
- bug 764210 - Blocklist RealPlayer Download Plugin add-ons -> the blocks are up, and we're talking with Real Networks people since they don't understand how the blocklist works.
|764157||Plugins pegged at 100% CPU if initialized while viewing OS X lock screen||P3||RESOLVED|
2 Total; 0 Open (0%); 2 Resolved (100%); 0 Verified (0%);
- Getting collateral ready for next release
- Standing by on if Flash user facing communications are needed
Beta feedback is very heavily skewed to Flash/Youtube/video issues. There are > 250 reports per day now and it doesn't seem to be dropping. . In context, there are almost 600 pieces of input a day so this is almost half of our feedback (probably more because my search terms don't cover everything).
Negative feedback is about 1/3 flash related. We are seeing a decrease in reports of Hotmail issues. Some negative feedback on the RealPlayer Record block.
- FF13 Post-Mortem (notes) Action Items:
- Cover new Firefox changes as part of channel meetings after m-c->m-a uplift
- Add Windows Messenger to our test plans
- Perform more exploratory testing around a regression when deciding to wontfix
- Follow up with engineering about nominating critical bugs (bug 756856)
- Leave backouts to the engineers (bug 733614)
- Follow up on slow uptake of FF13.0.1
- bug 763444 – Flash crash F1398665248_____________________________
- Adobe is working on a fix, this remains our top issue for Firefox
- Workarounds: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/flash-113-crashes
- bug 763459 – RealPlayer Browser record plugin breaks Youtube since Fx13
- Real is working on a fix, we've blocklisted the add-on versions which were contributing
- Other workarounds, if the blocklist doesn't resolve the issue: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/flash-113-doesnt-load-video-firefox
- bug 762062 – Firefox startup crash in JS_HoldPrincipals (Correlation to Skype 18.104.22.16801)
- Skype believes they have a fix rolling out in a matter of days, so we've decided to hold off on blocklisting
- Update on health/status of daily beta builds -- Automation is on track for 8/28 (new deadline)