Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursday - 2:00pm PDT, 21:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 Mobile
- 6 QA
- 7 RelEng
- 8 Marketing/Communications
- 9 Support
- 10 Roundtable
- 11 Actions
- 12 Triage
- FF16 Aurora was unthrottled (desktop/mobile) last Friday
- FF15b2 is going to build today, will ship before the end of the week
- FF14.0.1 post-mortem will be held this coming Tuesday at 9AM PT (Warp Core physical, Release Coordination virtual)
- ARMv6 is now being targeted for FF16, not 15
- Jorge away at BlackHat conf.
- Nothing new for add-ons.
- bug 530074 – Crash [@ StrChrIA ] from winsock and shlwapi.dll (LSP, evil *x86.dll module, or BitDefender)
- FN16/17 crash stats seem a bit high [akeybl]
- there were some fixes in the nightly, (3 specifically)... 2 need to drop off from aurora/beta as well.
- see Platform Meeting for details on specific bugs.
- Arm v6/v7 separation is harder to detect. Kairo has a script to look at which separates by devices.
Currently there's a small number of crashes for Armv6 since it's not widely advertised. This will change once we advertise it more.
- bug 766385 - Stage3D and StageVideo content Flash to not render when open in multiple tab...
- Need info from Adobe
- PR/PMM release postmortem today
- What's New video being received very well
- bug 774509 – We need to communicate the FF17 OS X 10.5 EOL to our users (add-on hotfix)
- bug 767232 – Installing Firefox using the installer should ensure app.update.auto and app.update.enabled is true for the default profile
- Q: We think unthrottling would only be blocked on analyzing more feedback from input/sumo - how useful would a couple of more days be?
- Hanging, crashing, not responding and excessive system load. 
- There are quite a few reports from these users that the issue was NOT happening in 13 .
- Around a 20% increase in mentions of crashes, freezing, or unresponsiveness in 14.0.1 compared to 13.0.1 
- Many indicate that having multiple tabs open is a significant contributor 
- Firefox 14.0.1/Bit Defender. Does not happen in 15 Beta. 
Netflix on Mac
- This is still one of our top issues for the week.  
- Reports indicate that even updating Silverlight causes poor performance, jerky playback and sound issues. 
- Possible unconfirmed workaround is go to finder-->applications, right click on Firefox, click on "get info", and check the box that says "open in 32-bit mode"
Features in 14.0.1:
Click to Play
- Click to play interferes with YouTube fullscreen 
- Some concerns with click to play have surfaced in the SUMO community 
- The removal of Favicons from the awesome bar is receiving generally negative feedback .
Native Fullscreen in Mac
- Many users are excited about this update.
- One complaint is that Toolbars do not auto-hide 
- Let's update and review current health/status of daily beta builds
- Unthrottling 14.0.1
- akeybl out Aug2-Aug21, gittin hitched
- nhirata - follow up on an armv6 specific top crash list