Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursday - 2:00pm PDT, 21:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 Mobile
- 6 QA
- 7 RelEng
- 8 Marketing/Communications
- 9 Support
- 10 Roundtable
- 11 Actions
- 12 Triage
- Firefox 16 beta 5 will be going to build today! Includes Win8 fixes around text rendering and default browser/open behavior. Bugs we're still hoping to land today:
- bug 770243 – MOZ_ASSERT(mCacheInputStream) failing @ nsHttpChannel::ReadFromCache
- bug 792541 – DLL block request: sprotector.dll
- bug 786248 – Video is rendered upside-down at dailymotion.com on Honeycomb
- [discussing with roc] bug 792903 – crash in DrawingContext::CreateLinearGradientBrush mainly with Location Bar Enhancer
- bug 747629 – java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: getChars (a ... b) ends beyond length c or has end before start at android.text.SpannableStringBuilder.checkRange(SpannableStringBuilder.java) at android.text.TextUtils.getChars
- bug 790897 – Find in page can cause tabs to be switched instead of searching for the text
- Can we shoot for a Thursday release of beta 5?
- Code freeze is this Friday, 9/28. Please take a look at your tracked bugs and let us know current status.
- FF16 Beta 6 (our final) will go to build on Monday, 10/1
- Sign-offs will be held Wednesday 10/3 at 10AM PT in the Release Coordination Vidyo room
- Release Day is 10/9
- Update your calendars for the modified release schedule, or just subscribe to our calendar (updated soon)
- Making Java 7 block a softblock today.
- Critical Java vulnerability.
[bajaj] Bugs needed ASAP, since they're landing in beta 5
[akeybl] All tracking-firefox16+ bugs with qawanted/steps-wanted/regressionwindow-wanted
- If we've exhausted QA possibilities, we should remove the keyword where applicable.
- [akeybl] These bugs will unblock ARMv6 JS testing on ARMv7, to make a final call on release
- [akeybl] ETA on bug 793226 – [10.5 EOL] Create "unsupported page" for Firefox on 10.5? Final blocker for pushing out the hotfix to our beta audience and posting the blog post.
- [akeybl] bug 792181 – Suppress all WN pages for updates to FF16 (and only 16) landed
- Mobile bugs we're keeping an eye on for Beta 6
- CTP blocklist testing on FF17/18 is coming up
- https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2012-09-27 thursday agenda - satdav
- Can I ask what is your throught if we intro our self each meeting starting from Thursday for new people who joins - satdav
- Laura to update on : ETA on bug 793226 – [10.5 EOL] Create "unsupported page" for Firefox on 10.5? Final blocker for pushing out the hotfix to our beta audience and posting the blog post.