Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursday - 2:00pm PDT, 21:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 Mobile
- 6 QA
- 7 RelEng
- 8 Marketing/Communications
- 9 Support
- 10 Roundtable
- 11 Actions
- 12 Triage
- FF15 beta 5 was released last Thursday
- FF16 beta 6 went to build earlier today, will be released in the next 1-2 days
- FF16 sign-offs will be held tomorrow morning at 10AM PT
- FF16.0's final build will be Friday, shipped on Tuesday
- ARMv6 support will remain on Beta (FF17) for further testing coverage
- ESR10.0.8 will be shipped alongside 16.0
- Merge day is Monday, late morning PT
- FF17/18 CTP blocklist testing rollout
- bug 754472 – click-to-play: implement multiple plugin doorhanger ui
- bug 793338 – click-to-play: implement multiple plugin doorhanger ui (vulnerability status bits)
- bug 786287 - Babylon update.
- New version fixes some uninstall bugs. Needs testing (bug 780280).
- Clarifying the difference between stability updates in the platform meeting versus channel meeting
- ARMv6 is going another Beta cycle on the trains
- looking at what sort of features we need to implement to ship this
- bug 794265 - block older versions of flash
- bug 790139 - cm10 issue
- Should be ready to go out with bug 774509 – We need to communicate the FF17 OS X 10.5 EOL to our users (add-on hotfix)
- Windows 8 triage after this meeting - this list
- bug 784329 -- needs to be checked on mobile & b2g devices before it can be approved for uplift
- bug 770349 -- is this still happening in 17?
- Will take a look after this meeting.
- bug 789075 – Video playback causes browser to stop responding (mostly) or crash in Cleopatra tool
- New B2G priorities are official builds/updates first
- bug 784465 – enable 32bit testing of Firefox on osx10.6
- Please a+ bug 794285 and bug 793634 for aurora
- Thanksgiving FF18 beta release
- Stub Installer QA outreach: when, what channel? what FTP URL?
- What to do about funnelcake users on old versions of Firefox?
- If we push out installers, would be good to also have bug 767232 – Installing Firefox using the installer should ensure app.update.auto and app.update.enabled is true for the default profile
- Pre-release Flash is now available at (let's get these in front of users in October):
- Matt and Tyler are going to be doing a detailed Investigation into the Aurora Surveys this week.
- We have a couple of leads on website conflicts for 16. We will investigate and file bugs accordingly.
- Starting next week we will move our Tuesday channel meeting to 10am PT - help to accommodate ET and European time zones (based on http://whenisgood.net/channelmeeting/results/4kczcr we can see that the impact is pretty low on current attendees - Releng may need to send a rep)
- bug 797068 – Report: correlation of Flash crashes against graphics card information
- Splitting out Rapid Betas into qualifying updates (all channels) and building daily (beta)
- Can we move agendas to etherpad as might make it easier for the meeting as everyone does not need to refresh all the time - satdav ( here is a example of one https://etherpad.mozilla.org/sumo-2012-10-01)
- Can we record a video of the meeting and blog about it each week via planet - satdav
- https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2012-10-04 - thursdays agenda is up also - satdav
- akeybl - Collate versions with large populations (channels as well)
- lmandel - get group together to investigate old versions