Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am PDT, and Thursday at 2:00pm PDT
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 Mobile
- 6 QA
- 7 RelEng
- 8 Marketing/Communications
- 9 Support
- 10 Thunderbird (Tue)
- 11 Metrics (Thu)
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Actions
- 14 Triage
[catlee] file bug on funnelcake-specific targeted update promptsbug 802238
[catlee] take back to releng for discussion: anything we can do other than advertised updates?(sent; relman CC'ed)
- Sumo - report back on bug 772319 - We did not see much on the SUMO forums (.
- FF 17.0b2 Mobile shipping on Friday Oct 19th
- FF 17.0b2 Desktop shipping on Monday Oct 22nd at 7AM PT
- FF 17.0b3 go to build by Tuesday Oct 23rd 12PM PT
- bug 795387 – Plugin blocks don't allow simultaneous plugin version and application version filters
- bug 803152 – Please CTP block all versions of Java, and Flash versions 10.3 through (and including) 11.3.*
Overall crash rates (see e.g. "Are we stable yet?" dashboard) look pretty decent on all channels, esp. with ongoing high volume of Flash reports (Flash 11.4 is now confirmed to be at pretty much the same levels as the last 11.3 releases).
- bug 802355
- Considerable increase in crashes in the last couple of days, from explosiveness report.
- No major changes
- bug 787887 - bubbling up in the explosiveness report
- It has been around since September, but a lot higher now, possibly Firebug related.
- Unthrottling 16.0.1
- Adobe has recently released Adobe Reader 11 which includes "new and enhanced sandboxing features, mandatory ASLR on Windows, PDF Whitelisting, and Elliptic Curve Cryptography support". It appears this release is for Mac OSX Intel and Windows XP SP2 and newer (no Linux support). What is our plan to get in front of any potential regressions?
- RelMan: Has Adobe indicated to us their QA plans? Have we seen any incoming bugs yet?
- Stability: Have we started to see any new spikes correlated to Reader 11?
- Support: Have we seen any negative feedback or support requests mentioning Reader 11?
- QA: What's the test strategy?
- Planning to do some dogfooding starting with 17.0b2 tonight
- Also suggest getting employees and beta/aurora/nightly testers involved in dogfooding
- bug 803181 - - Change update background download interval from 10 minutes to 1 minute and update check interval from 24 hours to 12 hours