Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am PDT, and Thursday at 2:00pm PDT
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 RelEng
- 7 Marketing/Communications
- 8 Support
- 9 Thunderbird (Tue)
- 10 Metrics (Thu)
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Actions
- 13 Triage
- (post-release) tyler to provide armv6 feedback a day after release, and then a week after release
- Feedback is rolling in, https://etherpad.mozilla.org/U5IH1GUdNc
- akeybl to talk to IT about zombocom (richard & zandr needed, but aren't around) -- to be continued
- 17.0 is on release channel, awaiting QA sign off on live updates
- 17.0esr is available - downloads here https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all.html
- 10.0.11esr is waiting for 17 sign off before pushing
- 18.0b1 going to build today & ships next Monday
- Aurora updates throttled, should unthrottle on Monday
Bug 812896 (Java 7 blocks). There are previous blocks that we need to update.
Bug 812936 (Update CTP blocks for 17 release). Done.
The top items from 19 on Nightly are all fixed, we'll need to see how it performs on Aurora.
Overall rates of 18 on Aurora looked good,
Bug 812307 and bug 770238 are still a concern from the POV of 17 Beta, but we hope the we managed to deal with them in final. We'll need to see data of this week to know for sure.
Bug 752828 is high in early 17.0 Release data.
We do get reports from Android 4.2 now, we'll need to monitor 18 Beta for JB-specific crashes.
On 18 and up, bug 775142 is a concern, affecting some locales that did not realize the special needs of mobile strings. We need to talk to localizers.
- bug 718088 - offer to re-set keyword.URL if it has a non-default value
- On ashughes' radar since last week -- working on a plan with Gavin
- ashughes - I will have something for next channel meeting
- Pushing out Beta-built stubs on Monday (anything needed here?)
- [juanb] - We need this fixed: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=812223 - negative download times
- decided to hold off on large propmotions in order to ramp-up in step with Facebook, so not using what's new page for 17
Bandoo Status? Fixed in respin or still outstanding?
- Top FF17 issues:
- bug 812307 – crash in DataMngrHlpFF17.dll @ nsVoidArray::~nsVoidArray (Bandoo toolbars)
- bug 770238 – Fatal jemalloc assertion in js::gc::Arena::finalize (Yandex toolbar)
- Both of these are hopefully fixed by the API revert, but we won't know until we get crash data
- bug 813553 – [Mac OS] Firefox freezes after installing add-ons which launch a pop-up after installation
- Mac-only FF17 regression, only occurs on first install, not on update from 16.0.2->17.0
Possible ride-alongs for a 17.0.1, if spun up:
- bug 806192 – crash in inDOMUtils::GetBindingURLs with Firebug and ShareMeNot
- security issues?
- Holiday coverage
- QA: ashughes
- SUMO - Matt G Limited coverage Thurs, Fri, weekend. Tyler Downer limited on Thursday, some weekend. Cheng: limited from wednesday onwards but will be checking email.
- Stability: Kairo
- Releng: EST Canadians & Nick (on thurs)
- RelMan: Alex (EST) & Lukas (PST)