Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am PDT, and Thursday at 2:00pm PDT
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- San Francisco Office: SFO-7I Independent (Tues), Noise Pop (Thurs)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 RelEng
- 7 Marketing/Communications
- 8 Support
- 9 Thunderbird (Tue)
- 10 Metrics (Thu)
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Actions
- 13 Triage
- No respin happened for mobile or desktop so we're at:
- 20.0b7 shipped (desktop & mobile)
- 20.0 rc is with QA
- ESR17.0.5 went to build today, platform compatibility issues backed out
- Merge Day coming up on Monday (bajaj is covering, holiday for some)
- ESR CTP blocks scheduled for the week after release, and Flash 11.3/11.4 will be blocked post-release as well
- Jorge's away at an event. Nothing new to report.
- We had another instance of the Radeon bug flare up for one build.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=836951 (nsSecureBrowserUIImpl::MapInternalToExternalState) patch landed on trunk, should be ready for 21 uplift after some baking.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=798274 (gfxContext::PushGroupAndCopyBackground) had been spiking but is slowly receding, the NVidia driver update story is probably plausible.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=837370 (js::types::TypeCompartment::addPendingRecompile) still waiting on results from diagnostics on trunk, #6 topcrash atm.
- (Topcrash)Bug 836951 - Requested for uplift on aurora recently
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=851934 (outlook.com crashes) -
js::IsWrapper is clearly connected to this and now #6 in early 20.0b7 data.
- Some JägerMonkey crash signatures like js::mjit::JaegerShot or js::mjit::EnterMethodJIT are rising this week, but those are hard to diagnose and we don't really know what's going on. URLs point to nothing interesting, mostly Facebook.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=836263 (Crossrider) was rising this week
- Some D2D11/D3D11 signature doing down somewhat, possibly because of an NVidia driver update.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=752828 (database is locked) is slightly rising in volume on 19 release again.
- Several Flash signatures seem to be trending downwards on beta.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=805406 - d2d topcrash
- Juan hasn't been able to get his card to work yet, what's our contingency if QA can't move forward here?
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=824971 - Fix range wanted
- Matt Wobensmith has been unable to narrow this down any further than somewhere between Fx20 and 21.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=851934 - Outlook.com topcrash
- I'll see what I can come up with after the meeting
Laura can't make it today, but will miss seeing each one of your faces
Investigating changes to our multi-provider launch partner grouping
Nothing new to report
- If d2d11 issues are still unreproducible, we'll need to set up a meeting with bsmedberg, milan, etc. to discuss next steps