Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am PDT, and Thursday at 2:00pm PDT
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- San Francisco Office: SFO-7I Independent (Tues), Noise Pop (Thurs)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 RelEng
- 7 Marketing/Communications
- 8 Support
- 9 Thunderbird (Tue)
- 10 Metrics (Thu)
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Actions
- 13 Triage
- 23.0.1 respin drivers:
- 901527 – Audio static/"burble"/breakup in mozilla to mozilla webrtc calls (backed out)
- 902349 – crash in nsStyleSet::FileRules with AMD Radeon HD 6310
- 902173 – "[fr] Outils" wrongly translated to "Outils de développement" in menu since FF 23 (will need to use a different changeset for 23.0.1 fr)
- 901944 – Rendering glitches on H.264 video only in FF23 on Vista
- 902532 – Spellchecking broken with non-ASCII characters in profile path
- 24.0b2 is with QA
- Upcoming blocklist for Babylon and Delta toolbars. Bug 788353 and bug 844986.
Still missing data for some of the last few days because of the Aug 8 ADI issue.
Bug 897503 (nsHttpConnectionMgr::OnMsgShutdown mainly with Leethax.net extension) is #1 as expected
Main concern is RelevantKnowledge (bug 860641
RelevantKnowledge, Radeon - see above.
follow up on bug 860641
24 beta2 in testing, should signoff early afternoon 8/13
24 beta1 went out without updates to Windows l10n updates
- Tree closure August 24th. Time TBD
- 24.0b1 is done. win32 is en-US only. Linux and OSX are good.
- Will be pulling busted 24.0b1 installers from ftp
- 24.0b2 is going well, QA is currently testing
- No ability to hide the tab bar is probably biggest issue in 23 .. a lot more people want the old behavior back -- in particular when you have one page in one window. Is there anyway to restore this behavior (we have an add-on, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/hide-tab-bar-with-one-tab/) but this was not an ideal way to remove this pref
- A lot of pushback on search behavior. We probably need to do a better job messaging why we did it and how to get around it. -- Basically, we changed the "default" search behavior for people (people who were defaulting to using the address bar instead of the search bar) and it's unclear what happened.
- A few people are having problems installing Adblock Plus
- qawanted? links/bug?
- Websites look bad (may be mixed content blocking, looks like no CSS)
- Setting up for TB 24 release. Hit by a few m-c changes, but now pretty much recovered
- TB 24 will be the 'major' release for the next year, taking over from TB 17.
- Starting discussions on if we can merge the ESR and mainstream channels. May or may not hit this by 24.
- TB 25 and onwards are currently hit by needing upgrade to builders, specifically Windows and Linux unit test boxes. Bugs:
- Relevant Knowledge - reaching out to them to get install instructions for QA - if we can get those we should try to block the DLL
- B2G Hijack for RelEng: 904377 (incoming)
- AMO SSL cert expires august 20th (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=894005 ), no user impact expected
- [Tyler] will rekindle a thread with Laura and include Gavin/Lukas on the search behaviour - getting something out to users explaining _why_ (Done)
- [Lukas] will add the tab issue to the releasenotes, point to the addon