Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 Performance (Thu)
- 6 QE
- 7 RelEng
- 8 User Advocacy
- 9 Roundtable
- 10 Special Topics
lmandel, kairo, tyler, jorge, roland, lizzard, bkerensa, catlee, rrayborn, cww
- 37.0 Desktop RC shipped yesterday - need to monitor crash-stats this week
- 37.0 Mobile RC built last night
- 37.0 RC2 is required
- Release Blockers
- bug 1147521 Cannot type into comment area of plugin crash UI (owner: smichaud)
- This is a follow-up to bug 1137229 that was fixed in RC1 and details more issues with the keyboard on OS X. smichaud is on this.
- Critical Bugs
- bug 1145143 Firefox 38a2 reliably crashes itself and the NVIDIA driver on my laptop (unowned)
- topcrash on Beta. We're unlikely to be able to do anything about this bug as we still don't have enough information.
- bug 1145815 ~4.sec this Youtube HTML5 mp4 video just stuck and starts buffering forever (owner: jya)
- This bug impacts video playback on YouTube. After reviewing the issue with YouTube, there is now a small, r+ patch. I had previously listed this as a blocker. It is not a blocker but will likely be taken in RC2.
- Need investigation before release
- bug 1140287 v36.0 slow to start up (unowned)
- Based on latest reports this does not block 37. dzeber is going to confirm FHR startup stats today.
- Latest information points to an issue with Trusteer - lmandel to follow up with IBM about start-up and this product
- See https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1048872
- 37.0 Release Notes for your review
- 31.6.0 ESR will likely need another respin as there are two additional bugs that we missed on this branch
- 38.1 will release June 2
- No updates.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Overall crash rate is down to 2.3 (target is <1.5) - moving in the right direction.
- bug 1124206 (which was the #1) has been fixed and that shows significantly.
- Any other stability bugs in 38 seem at a level that we can handle to fix in beta, unless something new comes up.
- Overall crash rate: 1.78 (this is mostly 37.0b7 data, RC was pushed to beta too late to already have data. Target is still ~1.4
- The concerning crashes in 37.0b7 (bug 1146315, bug 1146313) seem to be gone in early RC data and probably-TDRs of bug 1116812 are down to normal levels. Backout of bug 1138967 seem to have the expected effect.
- We probably are exchanging a certain level of browser crashes for the removal of a significant piece of Flash crashes (as data shows) with the YouTube switch to MSE
- bug 1116812 is #5 with 2.3% of early RC-on-beta data.
- bug 1141089 (ContainerState::InvalidateForLayerChange) is #6 with 1.8%
- bug 1127270 (layers::CompositorParent::ShutDown) is #2 with 2.9%
- bug 1124880 (net::nsHttpConnectionMgr::Shutdown) is #4 with 2.4%
- bug 1131348 (large OOM in content serialize code) is #7 with 1.8%
- No stability issues.
- Overall rate at 1.2 (35 was at .8-.85)
- Rates on release look not so good (known), but beta and Aurora look improved, though not at ideal levels.
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- RC build1 on beta not yet signed off, still waiting for confirmation of purging and reactivating tr updates, will re-run update tests for tr on Windows, Mac and Linux to be sure before fully signing off.
- bug 1147521 (broken keyboard in Mac plugin crash UI) is probably the largest concern left. This affects plugin crash comments, but also probably a11y of that UI in general.
- Will probably need someone other than KaiRo to do update tests and sign-offs on build2
- Working on 36 Feedback roundup, will come out today or tomorrow.
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)
Given the outstanding keyboard issue on OS X and unknown stability state of RC1, it is too early for sign-offs. We will need to do this via e-mail once we have an RC2 build and more stability data.
At this point the 37 desktop release is at risk for shipping on Tuesday