Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
lmandel, Lizzard, mschmidt, rrayborn, Хорхе, kglazko, glind, Риту, kbrosnan, Kairo
- 39 release is delayed because of bug 1151506.
- this also delays 40 beta 1 and both ESRs.
- startup crash evaluation in progress. Can release Thurs. or next Mon.
- Canada holiday july 1, US holiday july 3
- Tried contacting owners of the addon implicated in bug 1151506. No success.
- Will try to use my contacts.
- Upcoming blocks:
- Bug 1177214 - Flash player. Looks like the exploit has made it to an exploit kit.
- Bug 1081644 - Old versions of Real Player. Need to figure out version ranges and plugin filenames.
Note: June 11/12 change in how crash-stats lists certain signatures means that some crash sigs appear to go away, when they have just shifted slightly. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1163831
Bug 1171437 will change almost all signatures completely (significant shortening due to stripping argument lists), will make big noise about that then, due to KaiRo's vacation and Whistler, we didn't do both near to each other.
Aurora / Developer Edition
[currently 40 with dev edition users]
Overall rate: 2.3 (target: <1.5); browser:1.2, content: 1.1
Most content crashes will not make it to beta, large part of current list is specific to e10s.
Even the largest browser process crashes are e10s-specific.
[preview to 41 Dev Edition]
Nightly overall rate: 4.4; browser:1.5, content: 2.9
* No huge crashes expected to spill over from Nightly to Dev Edition, but we will need more work on fixing e10s stability.
[currently 39 with beta users]
Overall rate: 1.5 (target: <1.4), shutdownhangs: 0.25
Despite multiple tries at patches, the malware-induced startup crashes in bug 1151506 have not gone away, in RC build5 we crash directly in the randomly named DLL.
New-for-39 gfx shutdownhang in bug 1159751 is still 2.5% of all crashes in build5
Issues with tab sharing in hello.
Bug 1177348 - Video driver is crashed by Tab Sharing
How serious is this graphics crash? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1175104
[currently 38 with release users]
Overall rate: 1.0, shutdownhangs: 0.18 (before 36 we were at or slightly above 0.8 overall)
* Something great happened on 2015-06-24: http://arewestableyet.com/graph/?fxrel
Not really sure what, date matches Flash release, but that was a security fix only AFAIK and it's not plugins that are crashing less, it's Firefox browser crashes that are massively down
Looking at reports, OOM|small is down quite a bit (~1000 crashes/M ADI -> ~750 on the total release channel), as are some of the GC crashes.
All those effects are seen in both beta and release on the same day.
- Crash rates look decent overall.
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
Softvision found two fixes, one for 31.8 and one for 38.1, that they could not verify in current builds. See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1163109 and https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1171792
- We should inform Mozilla via mailing lists (at least dev-planning and enterprise) about not shipping today - liz to follow up with comm
- Matt and Tyler are out
- Matt - until 7/19
- Tyler - paternity leave - he will be back within 18 years. Gregg is mostly Tyler
Please reach out to user-advocacy@ if you have any issues, we will be attending (or hosting) their meetings
- Heartbeat - no recent earthquakes or score changes. Still no explanatory variables.
- We could use help contacting users who get the startup crash, to see if someone can give us more info about the adware.
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)
Optional action: Watch Christopher Walken dancing around to "Weapon of Choice" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7z57qrZU8 As we try to decide which patch to go with on our startup crash bug!