Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
lmandel, bhearsum, kbrosnan, kglazko, kairo, hwine, ashughes, rtanglao, milan, rituk, rrayborn, javaun, jst
- 40.0b2 shipped today - lots of Windows 10 fixes in this build
- beta3 gtb on Thu as scheduled
- 39.0.1 mobile activity around a partner specific build - no planned release at this point
- Liz is out sick. Speak with rituk or lmandel for relman issues. (Sylvestre can't get back from PTO soon enough!)
- Sylvestre is in SF next week.
- Ritu is on point for 41
- Shutdown hangs/crashes thread on dev-platform
- Overall rate: 3.1 (target: <1.5); browser: 1.5, content: 1.6
- Main crashes are a11y+e10s
- bug - ids ?
- Overall rate: 1.23 (target: <1.4); plugin hangs: 0.20 (was ~0.10 in 39 w/o async plugin init)
- It looks like overall crashes are much lower in 40 than in 39 \o/
- bug 1159751 (WARP shutdownhang) is #2 with 2.5%
- WARP will be preffed off in b3
- https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/list?signature=nsCOMPtr%3CT%3E%3A%3AnsCOMPtr%3CT%3E%28nsIInterfaceInfo%2A%29+%7C+mozilla%3A%3AAsyncEventDispatcher%3A%3AAsyncEventDispatcher%28nsINode%2A%2C+nsAString_internal+const%26%2C+bool%2C+bool%29&product=Firefox&version=Firefox%3A40.0b1 needs a bug filed, #3 with 2% - bug 1181212 now
- bug 1170141 (RealPlayer) #1 and #2 in top crash scores, startup
- Have we blocked this yet?
- Need to hard block going forward as this is not expected to be compatible in the future
- Who do we need to ping to get this done? ni on Jorge in the bug
- bug 1111014 (mozilla::AudioMixer::FinishMixing) #3 in top crash scores, multiple crashes per installation
- bug 1167248 (_invalid_parameter_noinfo) #4 in top crash scores, multiple crashes per installation
- Overall rate: 1.14
- bug 1151506 is #2 with 2% of all crashes, and of course the #1 in top crash scores, but only has 1.06 crashes per installation (over 4 in b7 and RCs before the latest patch), so it looks like the patch is doing its job.
- The total crash rate went up to 1.38 on Sat but came down again, probably all due to this startup crash.
- There are no surprises in the data otherwise.
- Ready to unthrottle from stability perspective
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- 64-bit Windows on release channel - will do this for 40
- Separate (more explicit) release sign off to trigger releng post-release process
- (hwine) IT has some work in scl3 this Sat, Jul 11, in addition to TCW Jul 18. Should be zero impact if nothing going on, coordinate if there is.
- Not seeing any exceptional feedback
- Crash UA Post-Mortem: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d-m-CmumtDSlNNMRQiWf2IOC9_zgtFjnmblXJAfIdKM/edit#
- Do we have a canonical location for up to date release info? Our team and others need it for various tools.
- Facebook fixed bug 1179764
- Reminder to fill out the Firefox 39 Release survey
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- Will be next week, Tue, July 14