Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
lizzard, jorge, kairo, philipp, fabio, erin, ritu,
- iOS 1.1 released \o/
- 43.0b3 gtb today, should release tomorrow
- 43.0b4 gtb Monday, release Tuesday.
- At this point I'd like to be more conservative about accepting uplifts that aren't stability or sec fixes.
- OpenH264 1.5.1 updated release schedule
- Push v1.5.1 to the Nightly channel today
- Push v1.5.1 to Dev Edition early tomorrow (Nov 13th) -- so it can bake over the weekend
- Push v1.5.1 to Beta on Monday (Nov 16th)
- Push v1.5.1 to Release on Wednesday (Nov 18th)
- Old versions of Real Player on Windows now blocked (bug 1222130).
- Pending: Java (bug 1217932), Shockwave for Director (bug 1218880).
- Skype Click to Call flagged as incompatible on 43 and above (bug 1215970). Awaiting feedback on whether it made a difference.
- ADI for the last days are broken (recoverable issue in the ADI pipeline due to moves to S3), so no crash rates atm, see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1223788
- Some other reports are not up to date due to job dependencies, e.g. Signature Summaries and Top Crash Scores as well as most of KaiRo's custom reports.
- A notice has been added to https://arewestableyet.com/
- Crash searches are fine and have up-to-date data.
- no change from Tuesday
- bug 1218032 and bug 1198765 / bug 1210821 still dominate the stats
- bug 1215970 (Skype Click-to-Play) is 3.8% of 43.0b2 crashes
- bug 1222933 (mainly Ad Muncher) is 2.2% (uplifted this fix tues.)
- bug 1182197 (Promise Settle) is 1.8% (uplift coming for beta 3)
- no change from Tuesday.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- As a general note, we had very good conversations between Sylvestre, Lawrence, KaiRo, RyanVM , Release QA and Firefox Engineering QA teams this week.
Aurora / Dev Edition
Push notifications in 44 - target release for desktop
need to push and uplift a lot right now
Risk for 44 dekstop
Very important for iOS
New release notes? - not complete overhaul Discuss sha2 with Ben. If Chrome is removing support, what should we communicate. Chrome stopping xp, vista in April
e10s experiments in 43 showed high performance decrease regardless of addons. Possible it sits in aurora a bit longer, not likely for 45 May not be on for users with accessibility features turned on. Possible test/slow roll out
- SHA-2 testing; looks like everything failed because no updates: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/sha2-updater
- Question on when release notes front end update will be rolled out - Is it FF43? (Fabio)
- partial update but not the whole enchilada.
- e10s schedule - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis#Schedule
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
- Service Workers in FF44
- Uplifted 10 bugs so far on Aurora channel
- Still have 12 open bugs https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=1059784&hide_resolved=1
- Risk mitigation is to turn the pref off if we believe it is not Beta/Release ready