Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 =Mobile
- 7 Performance (Thu)
- 8 QE
- 9 Performance
- 10 RelEng
- 11 Marketing/Communications
- 12 User Advocacy
- 13 Roundtable
- 14 Special Topics
- 15 Actions
lizzard, ryanvm, philipp, tyler, erin, kairo, ritu
- Beta 5 will go to build today, release tomorrow
- Beta 4 mobile was pushed too early, sorry about that
- 42.0.1 mobile (build done, qe signed off)
- Overall rate: 2.7 - browser: 1.5, content: 1.2 - red, similar to Tue
- bug 1224101 still leads the stats as we only had one day of data with the fix/backout yet.
- bug 1198765 / bug 1210821 continue to occupy the next two positions in the topcrash list.
- Dev Edition 44 crashes: https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/search/?product=Firefox&version=44.0a2&process_type=browser&process_type=content&_facets=signature#facet-signature
- Only with e10s enabled: https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/search/?product=Firefox&version=44.0a2&process_type=browser&process_type=content&dom_ipc_enabled=!__null__&_facets=signature#facet-signature
- Overall rate: 1.1 - yellow, similar to Tue
- bug 1200021 (layers::ContentClientDoubleBuffered::FinalizeFrame) is 2.3% of 43.0b4 data, bug 1216909 has a reproducible case
- bug 1222933 (mostly AdMuncher) is 2.1%, blocklist patch has review, didn't land yet on m-i
- bug 1182197 (Promise Settle) is 2%, uplift should have landed for b5
- bug 1215970 (Skype Click-to-Call) seems to be gone from b4 data, block seems to have helped. YAY
- Overall rate: 0.9 - green, unchanged
- no changes
- all channels remain high, though beta has improved somewhat - Android b4 includes the fixes for bug 1209612 and bug 1221228 that we have produced 42.0.1 for, and crash stats seem to verify that bug 1209612 crashes do not happen any more in b4.
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- What betas are we producing and shipping when next week? SV is out Mon/Tue and US and KaiRo are out Thu/Fri.
- Might just do a single Beta next week due to holidays.
- No channel meeting on Thursday.
- Betas will continue until morale improves
We accidentally broke a Heartbeat iOS promo last night, so users that were selected for the expirement saw the message on every restart, instead of only once in all time. The code was reverted by Gijs this morning, and we are doing a post-mortem to figure out what happened. We are working on getting an estimated number of users affected and will update rel-drivers soon
- What will the Beta 44.0 schedule be given what we talked about yesterday?
- If we change this significantly we will update the releases calendar
- Given that there are holiday/long weekends in Dec/January 2016, we might need to decide whether we can handle all 10 Betas or not from QE, stability, dev support point of view.
- Win64 for 43.0 :https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1225293 (What do people think about risk profile)
- Let's get some testing on Silverlight and win64 builds by SV
- bsmedberg recommends enabling SHA-2 for Nightly: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1226191#c3
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
- Proposal for e10s to be turned on for half of beta population (beta 44?)
- Establish a criteria before we make a decision e.g. stability (crash data), accessibility, async plugin init, Service Workers, etc.
- current e10s beta experiment status ?
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sylvestre is out today but we will go ahead with the post-mortem discussion. https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/42-0-Post-Mortem
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)
- Liz to talk more with sylvestre, lmandel about doing just one beta next week and follow up on r-d
- NOTE: we decided to go ahead with 2 releases and the normal schedule. The following week of Nov 30 we will move build and release to Dec 1 and 2, Tues/Wed. because it is a Romanian holiday on Nov. 30/Dec 1.