Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)=
- 15 Actions
liz, philipp, KaiRo, jorge, jst, brad, adam roach, calixte, erin, mbest, milan, rrayborn,ryanvm,dveditz, mtabara, mboldan, Ioana, Cornel,
- 45.0 Beta 4 (about to be) released (desktop)
- 44.0.2 will go live today on desktop release channel and play store
- Some issues with crash processing yesterday make the currently available data for that day articficially low, backfill is ongoing to restore the correct data and work is being done to fix the error that caused the issues. Rates below are for Tuesday.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Overall rate: 1.9 - browser 1.0, content 0.9 - yellow
- Overall rate: 1.3 - browser 1.1, content 0.2 - red
- bug 1247380 (gfxContext::PushGroupAndCopyBackground) is 4.4% of non-e10s crashes (7.5% overall) and #1 Top Crash Score in 45.0b4, potential fix is in the bug
- bug 1232229 (FinalizeTypedArenas) is 2.9% of non-e10s crashes (similiar in grand total), some thoughts on a potential wy to a fix are on the bug, but it's not fully understood.
- networking shutdownhangs: bug 1158189 and bug 1215970 are 2.5% of non-e10s crashes each, more investigation ongoing
- Flash crash rate is still high, bug 1245200, Async Drawing, was disabled in bug 1246311. Also Adobe is working on fixing the crash on their side.
- Overall rate: 0.98 - yellow
- still borderline between yellow and green, networking shutdownhangs are about 9% of total crashes in both 44.0 and 44.0.1 data
graphs showing recent increases in shutdownhangs: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/rkaiser/crash-report-tools/longtermgraph/?fxrel-bcat
- beta crash rate is going down rapidly, hopefully to previous levels
- disabling the dynamic tile size helped https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1245202 :(
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
Liz to send aurora tracked crashes to : jst and mbest (thanks) I can send the beta ones too if you want em.... (mbest) would be great, particularly those that can improve things for the largest pool of users.
- mtabara: yes, 45.0b4 goes smoothly, just some intermittent errors along the way; we got some delay because of a failed repack which I retriggered late on my timezone; should be good to publish on the beta channel in a few
- (liz) Followup on SHA-1.
- Finetuning which XP and Vista versions we force through the 43.0.1 watershed.
- Product team should be aware of this (And the opportunity we have from supporting XP to gain users)
- (kairo) if we go through with that, bug 1238556 should probably be wontfixed, setting up a new and separate testing stream is probably not worth it if only XP SP2 is affected.
- (milan) equivalent to startup crash bug - just making sure everybody knows about it
- (philipp) as mentioned a week ago, this is coming up frequently in various support channels & there are a number of dupes already (bugs 1243765, 1244013, 1244501, 1245948, 1246484...), so i'd consider it a rather major issue :-/
- different diffuse symptoms that seem to go back to this issue are: firefox ui not opening at all, firefox only showing blank pages & stuck at "connecting...", firefox crashes with windows error repots on shutdown, firefox crashes (various signatures containing "RtlpLowFragHeapFree | RtlFreeHeap")
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
- WebKit work has uplifted to aurora. (Staying in aurora for now) https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=717722
- Pocket move to system addon for 46. This may not be ready to release. (regressions, tests,
- service workers
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)=
https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/44-0-Post-Mortem For next tuesday