Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 RelEng
- 9 Marketing/Communications
- 10 User Advocacy
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Special Topics
- 13 Actions
Julien, Iulia, Marcia, Philipp, Calixte, Andrei, Sorina, Ritu, Brad, Erin, rail,Cristian, marco,petruta,Ninu,Bogdan
- b7 Desktop only gtb today
- I hope we can include a fix for bug 1309699 (to address some of the top content crashers)
- Top crash involves Java and is a won't fix - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1286461
Overall rate: 1.28 (browser: 1.06, content: 0.22)
- crashes with nvidia driver dlls still up in 50.0b: (intel driver crashes got reduced with beta 5)
- signature list: http://bit.ly/2dNbtAb
- gfx crash in std::list<T>::clear | CDeviceChild<T>::~CDeviceChild<T> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1308863 2.5% of browser crashes
- startup crash in lsp chtbrkg.dll@0x1beb1 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1290403 1.71 % of browser crashes but now declining
- [Andrei] We're looking into this.
- new crash signature nsTArray_base<T>::SwapArrayElements<T> | ... | mozilla::ipc::FileDescriptorSetChild::ForgetFileDescriptors https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1309823 is 3% of content crashes
- needs triaging; signature newly appeared on monday in multiple 50.0b builds, so it's probably due to external factors
Overall rate: 1.09 (browser: 0.93, content: 0.17)
- recurring increase in shutdownhangs when mega.co.nz addon is updating: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1306838
- maybe the addons team could look into this & do some outreach to the addon developers?
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1308603 continues to be the highest volume crash on Nightly. Debugging patch landed today.
- Not much new in the way of crashes -> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/Uptime/NightlyCrashTriage/2016Q4#2016-10-13_-_kanru
- fix for fennec top crash at startup nsNSSComponent::nsNSSComponent https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1301407 landed in 50.0b6 but wasn't effective
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [desktop] [Andrei] We're currently blocked from testing media streaming on Netflix, due to lack of test accounts. I've contacted Anthony Jones and Chris Peterson on this matter, but haven't heard from them for a while now.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [desktop] [Andrei] Mid-Aurora sign offs in progress, to be completed by Monday, eod.
- [desktop] [Andrei] Pocket sys add-on v1.0.5 testing scheduled on 50.0b7, as we're waiting for https://bugzil.la/1309027.
- [desktop] [Andrei] Awesomebar testing scheduled on 50.0b8 because of https://bugzil.la/1304027. We should be able to start once https://bugzil.la/1306639 is fixed. Note that all other (eligible) dependencies were already subjected to Regression Testing.
- [desktop] [Andrei] Beta 7 Testday this Friday, check out https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/testday-20161014.
- [desktop] [Andrei] Concerned about the server-side FxA/Sync changes we find out so late in the cycle. Is there someone we could contact to get a roadmap/overall schedule this kind of changes?
- [desktop] [Andrei] Has any go/no go decision been made for Simplify Page (likely premature)? Our main concerns on Fx50 remain unresolved - https://bugzil.la/1306294,1306299,1306295.
- Ritu to follow up with Bogdan and MConley
- Fennec 50 Beta 6 signed off
- Fennec 50 Features on track
- Play HLS video in an Android VideoView
- Move recent tabs into history home panel
- Fennec 51 - no features - only Legal -> Include adjust campaign ID with core ping
- Fennec 52 - some still under consideration
- Fennec Audio Controls Enhancement - On track with this https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1302453
- RTL - Priority 1: 924699, 925108, 928663, 935388, 1070846
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)