Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes:https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo [Guest URL] (https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=EXysadF68Dac )
Lizzard, ritu, jcristau, Bogdan, Mihai, Ninu, Cristian, Marco, RyanVM, Gchang, marcia, Andrei, Sorina, blassey, Cornel, Iulia,
- (liz) 49.0.2 desktop + mobile may be ready to release today (build 2)
- Gtb b9 today
- Rel Management bot detected an increase in startup crashes in Fennec Aurora - https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/search/?date=%3E%3D2016-10-19&date=%3C2016-10-20&product=FennecAndroid&version=51.0a2&release_channel=aurora&uptime=%3C60
- This looks to be covered by https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1308631#c8
overall rate: 1.21 (browser 1.01, content 0.19) [marcia]
- Some missing symbols for Mac on the latest beta->https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1311462
- no major changes since tuesday's notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings/2016-10-18#Beta
- intel cpu issue, increased nvidia graphics driver crashes & std::list<T>::clear() from D2D1::EndDraw() are still the top issues in 50.0b8
- startup crashes:
- (mainly) Fennec crash in nsNSSComponent::nsNSSComponent https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1301407 (#4 startup crash on 50.0b desktop last week, #2 on android)
- Crash in Abort | LoadSheetSync failed with error 8052000b loading built-in stylesheet 'resourc... | mozalloc_abort | NS_DebugBreak | ErrorLoadingBuiltinSheet https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1303764 (#5 startup crash on desktop)
- Crash in mozilla::ipc::MessageChannel::AssertWorkerThread | mozilla::layers::PTextureChild::SendDestroy https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1311644 (#13 startup crash on desktop, regressing in 50)
overall rate: 0.93 (browser 0.75, content 0.18) [marcia]
- https://mozilla.github.io/stab-crashes/correlations.html?product=Firefox&channel=aurora&signature=shutdownhang%20%7C%20kernelbase.dll@0xcacb8 has risen on Release, doesn't have a bug associated with it. Currently #4 top browser crash in 49.0.1
- [philipp] this is probably just a signature shift due to missing symbols for the dll file after a windows update - overall the shutdownhang rate stayed constant on release (it's at currently 0.15, which is slightly lower than during the 48 release)
- Since Tuesday's meeting, several of the top bugs have been fixed
- Project Uptime Recent bugs:
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [Andrei] Mid-aurora sign offs are 80% done.
- [Cristi] "Show All Downloads" dropmarker feature sign off has been postponed for a bit. Testing is pretty much done, we're waiting for an assessment on a few potential bugs before signing off - https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/download-panel.
- [Paul] Testing on layout.show_previous_page telemetry experiment (non-e10s) is underway, we're in sync with Dominik and Harald - https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/1311448.
- [Andrei] 50.0b8 signed off with no blocking issues, all Safe Browsing tests are green.
- [Paul] Pocket v1.0.5 signed off with no blocking issues, although a few bugs have been raised with the engineering team.
- [Andrei] 49.0.2-build2 ready for release from QA perspective, but we're still a bit concerned about https://bugzil.la/1311374.
- [Andrei] WebM EME support for Widevine feature health: a few nice to have, but still unresolved bugs - https://bugzil.la/1298027,1298030,1301423.
- [Cristi] Awesomebar improvements (1304027) testing is almost done, we're waiting for an additional fix that should land in 50.0b9 - https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/awesomebar-regression.
- Fennec 49.0.2 and 49.0.2 build 2 signed-off without blockers from mobile side
- Fennec 50 Beta 8 signed-off without blockers from mobile side
- Still no progress on RTL Support
- [Ninu] Play HLS video in an Android VideoView feature works much better but still buggy
- (Ritu) Can you please send me a list of open issues?
- [Ninu] Combine Recent Tabs into History tab feature works