Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
- 51 beta 11 release yesterday
- (did anyone upload fennec beta 11?)
- will gtb today afternoon PST for beta 12 desktop
awsy rate: 6.48 (browser 1.17, content 5.31) telemetry m+c-s from monday: 4.28 crashes/kuh (-0.38 to the week before, -0.52 to two weeks before)
- Slight spike in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1322437 - Crash in mozalloc_abort | NS_DebugBreak | gfxFontGroup::GetDefaultFont
awsy rate: 0.85 (browser 0.62, content 0.23) telemetry m+c-s from monday: 3.63 crashes/kuh (-0.09 to the week before, -0.35 to two weeks before) (in beta 8 we switched off the content shutdown crashes coming from the infobar, which explains the greatly improved content crash rate here)
[philipp] signatures on 51.0b that could still need some attention:
- Crash in js::SetLengthProperty https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1320358 (0.6% of browser crashes, 1% of content crashes)
- Crash in mozilla::a11y::Accessible::Elm https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1318645 (0.4% of browser crashes)
- [marcia] Bug seems stalled, but the rate on the latest beta is higher than it is is on release
- Crash in _pixman_implementation_lookup_composite https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1324130 (0.9% of content crashes)
[marco] content crash increase with the addons cohort might be due to some malware
- if you notice addons we should block please talk to felipe, jorgev, or andym (find them on irc or needinfo to one of them)
- andym was in the email thread
awsy rate: 0.95 (browser 0.70, content 0.25) telemetry m+c-s from monday: 3.09 crashes/kuh (-0.07 to the week before, -0.39 to two weeks before)
[philipp] 2 biggest recent crash increases on 50.1.0 last week:
- startup crash in BaseThreadInitThunk (its share rose by +0.27%) https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1322554
- new crash in CDIProperties<T>::SetValue (+0.22%) https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1328872
- Not much new to report since Tuesday
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1328281 - Crash in shutdownhang | js::TraceLoggerThread::~TraceLoggerThread is trending up since it was filed and sits at #2 overall
- Top mac crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1320048 moved up to #3 overall crash on nightly. There is not much we can do until they release the next OS version.
- Nightly: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1325586 is #2 crash - needs regression window and owner
- [carmen] will try to find the regression after the call and will ping you marcia for it
Aurora / Dev Edition
- default browser silent takeover on Edge: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1324617
- [Andrei] We'll look into this -- feel free to ni? me directly when similar issues arise.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- New features picked up in 52: CSS Grid Inspector (1181227), Improvements to <select> element (1091592), mediaDevices.ondevicechange in MediaStream (1152383).
- Flash Player 24 for Ubuntu is green on 51 – report: https://goo.gl/nqHc2t, wiki: https://mzl.la/2j8bfUY.
- 51.0b11 signed off with no blocking issues – report: https://goo.gl/6FCA23, wiki: https://mzl.la/2iF2hl4.
- With the exception of WebGL2, which doesn't look great so far, all features from 51 are on track at this point.
- Note that the Support VP9 for WebRTC (1090742) feature will no longer require manual testing, per my discussion with Randell Jesup.
- Pre-Release feature sign offs will start next week.
- Please look out for list of demos/sites from Milan to test with WebGL2 pref turned off
- Fennec 51 Beta 11 was released yesterday - no major issues
- we need to follow up on the two crashes fixed to see their rate after it gets to some users
- Oana Horvath will replace Mihai Pop as he moved to another proj.
- I am trying to push some New 7.1 improvements - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1259098
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1322718 this funnelcake experiment has stuff landing very last minute (now) in beta and will need testing. contacts: dolske/gijs/cmore
- [Andrei] We're currently coordinating with Engineering QA (Las Vegas) on this, setting up a plan to test it as we speak. Thanks!!
- Florin -SV has Websense now installed. liz will send list of the crashy versions (i think roughly pre 8.1)
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- 50.1.0 post-mortem a week from now - Tuesday 1/10/17