Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 RelEng
- 9 Marketing/Communications
- 10 User Advocacy
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Special Topics
- 13 Actions
- marcia, Andrei, Bogdan,Cornel, Iulia, jorge, nicole, blasseythanks
- [Bug 1330086] Routine Flash block.
awsy rate: 5.36 (browser 1.06, content 4.30) telemetry m+c-s from weekend: 3.45 crashes/kuh (-0.45 to the week before, -0.97 to two weeks before) [marcia]
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1320048 continues to be the top overall browser crash. Awaiting an update to 10.12.3 from Apple.
awsy rate: 0.87 (browser 0.65, content 0.22) telemetry m+c-s from weekend: 2.90 crashes/kuh (-0.19 to the week before, -0.27 to two weeks before)
- e10s printing crash on mac os x fixed and no longer blocking 51: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1324908
- js crashes related to facebook photoviewer no longer considered a blocker: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1308800 (2.25% of all crashes)
- startup crashes in BaseThreadInitThunk https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1322554 (1.5% of browser crashes)
- no progress in blocklisting potentially related malware addons since last meeting at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1329654
- same procedure with websense once we go to 51 release like in the last versions?
- only offering an automatic update when we detect that websense isn't present
- add shim dll that tries to keep their crashing module out
awsy rate: 0.91 (browser 0.69, content 0.22) telemetry m+c-s from weekend: 2.68 crashes/kuh (-0.04 to the week before, -0.24 to two weeks before)
- Explosiveness report shows some flash crash spikes and one other bug: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/release-mgmt/2017-01-11/2017-01-11.firefox.release.explosiveness.html. Similar spikes are observed on other branches.
- #1 top crash was backed out - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1329644#c7 - so things should start to look better on nightly. That signature amassed almost 2400 crashes.
- #2 top crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1328281 is being investigated
- New crashes from Nightly and Aurora from Project Uptime: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/Uptime/NightlyCrashTriage/2017Q1#2017-01-11_-_jchen
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [Andrei] Timea Zsoldos has joined the Desktop Release QA Team and is currently ramping up.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- 51.0b13 signed off with no blocking issues – report: https://goo.gl/eep4VE, wiki: https://mzl.la/2jb5zNA.
- No side effects noticed so far on regular beta builds, as a result of the funnelcake changes.
- Pre-Release feature sign offs are on track and should be done by Jan 16th, the latest.
- Fennec 51.0b13 was signed out yesterday without major issues https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/51/Beta/13
- [marcia] Monday, January 16 is a U.S. holiday
- [Florin] January 24 is a National Holiday in Romania
- This is also the set date for releasing Firefox 51
- Currently the only thing we do on release day is update testing - I can make myself available to do this
- If you have any other concerns related to this please let me know
- [Florin] Websense testing - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18n8NEimajNpnGRHdQsrrnyJ-Ufgvmpz-AXCUpVaFRMk/edit#gid=0
- Reproduced https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1304434 with Endpoint v8.2 on Fx > 47.0.2 - which is what we expected
- Had a meeting yesterday with Websense folks - they'll give us access to more versions of their Endpoint
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)