Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Stability
- 5 Performance (Thu)
- 6 QE
- 7 RelEng
- 8 Marketing/Communications
- 9 User Advocacy
- 10 Roundtable
- 11 Special Topics
- 12 Actions
jcristau, lizzard, rail, marco, erin, jorge, marcia, Andrei, philipp, Cristian, Alexandru, Petruta, Paul,Timea, RyanVM, Ioana ,mboldan,Ninu, sylvestre, Florin, Oana, Carmen, Alex, ritu,Sorina, Bogdan,
- 52.0b1 shipped Jan 25 on mobile and desktop
- 51.0.1 build 3 with websense shim - will likely ship this today
- ESR ok as far as we know
- Stability looks ok for ESR
awsy rate: 0.84 (browser 0.62, content 0.22)
[philipp] 52.0b1 main regressions:
- Crash in @0x0 | _GetWindowIcon https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1331270 (5.8% of browser crashes)
- Crash in @0x0 | nsTimerImpl::Fire https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1323804 (top content crash, 11.7% of all content crashes)
- Crash in nsPluginStreamListenerPeer::GetInterfaceGlobal https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1334080 (3.6% of content crashes)
awsy rate 0.95 (browser 0.70, content 0.25)
[philipp] 51.0: third-party startup crashes out of our control:
- websense https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1294650 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1313085 (6.4% of crashes)
- trying to mitigate a portion of these by putting the shim dll back into 51.0.1build3
- according to qa tests Websense 8.2 (8.2.2324) will continue to crash - newer versions won't
- suspected malware crashes (exact source yet to be identified) in [@ BaseThreadInitThunk] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1322554 (6.3% of browser crashes)
- trusteer crashes in rapporttanzanutil_2015.dll@0x386c https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1333857 (2% of browser crashes)
- only on XP and looking like it was triggered by an update of their security software yesterday
- so far looking to be build specific to the released 51.0 / 51.0b99 rc2, so it might go away anyway with the update to 51.0.1 - otherwise consider holding back the update from XP users until we hear back from trusteer?
- crashes on webgl2 demo for some mac devices: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1333534
- 6 of the top 10 browser crashes are a11y crashes - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1333987 is the most recent
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1324863 is the highest volume
- New Project Uptime bugs filed: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/Uptime/NightlyCrashTriage/2017Q1#2017-01-25_-_jchen
- Release: Top crash is https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1318667
- Possibly mentioned in another meeting that this was an embedded build - need to follow up
- Dalvik bug is #5 - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1286307
- Android Nightly builds are broken: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1333921
Aurora / Dev Edition
- 51.0.1-build3 conditionally signed off, as https://bugzil.la/1294650 is only fixing older crashes – wiki: https://mzl.la/2j82IFZ | test report: https://goo.gl/rTTsut.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- 53.0a2 (DevEdition) sign off is currently in progress (ETA Jan 27th).
- Pre-Aurora feature sign offs are underway (ETA Jan 27th).
- 52.0b1-build1 signed off with no blocking issues – wiki: https://mzl.la/2kwKMkT | test report: https://goo.gl/hAk3yZ.
- Our team will pick up 2 new features in Beta 52 from Engineering QA: Automatic Captive Portal Detection (1202680) and Insecure Passwords Manager (1217142).
- Ioana - Fennec 52 Beta 1 was signoff yesterday without major issues
- Ioana - Fennec 53 Aurora is under testing for the SignOff of updates
- flash crashes - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1334041
[elan] e10s windows touchscreen for 8 and 10 should be working as of 52; can we get support from SV to validate?
- [Andrei] We'll pick this up, do we have a tracking bug / additional info?
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1325676 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1323521 Thank you so much!
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)