Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Actions
- 2 Attendees
- 3 Previous Actions
- 4 Schedule Update
- 5 = Stability
- 5.1 Aurora
- 5.2 Beta
- 5.3 Release
- 5.4 Nightly
- 5.5 Mobile
- 5.6 Performance (Thu)
- 5.7 QE
- 5.8 RelEng
- 5.9 Marketing/Communications
- 5.10 User Advocacy
- 5.11 Roundtable
- 5.12 Special Topics
- 5.13 Actions
RyanVM, marcia, ritu, julien, brad, andrei, bogdan, jorge, Florin, Andrei, lizzard,philipp,AlexSimonca,Cristianmarco, Oana Horvath, Sorina,Ninu, Timea, blassey, nicole, ioana, MBoldan, petruta
- fennec 51.0.3 uploaded to gp today to fix a security issue and a top crash
- Gtb 52.0b5 today
[philipp] ADI numbers on socorro look off for the last 2 days - no reliable crash rates possible for that reason https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/crashes-per-day/?p=Firefox
awsy rate 4.15 (browser .97, content 3.18) [marcia
- Top overall crash is a Flash crash: http://bit.ly/2k7SfpL
- #5 Top crash was fixed: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1325655
awsy rate .97 (browser .71, content .26)
- BaseThreadInitThunk https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1322554 (7.6% of browser crashes)
- UMDevice::SetShaderResources https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1267997 (1.6% of browser crashes)
- spiking up since yesterday on the beta channel; may be related to some sort of device reset during a driver update
- skia OOM crashes https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1303094 (1.1% of browser crashes, 4% of content crashes)
- nsPluginStreamListenerPeer::GetInterfaceGlobal https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1334080 (7.6% of content crashes)
- worst regression in terms of number of crash reports compared to 51.0b cycle
- tagged it as a 52 blocker
- @0x0 | nsTimerEvent::Run https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1323804 (5% of content crashes)
- uplifting https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1328643 (Forgive nsITimer::Cancel/Init on threads other than the target) might help
- _pixman_implementation_lookup_composite https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1324130 (1.2% of content crashes)
- regressing in numbers in 52.0b; waiting for some investigation by the gfx team
awsy rate .74 (browser .50, content .25) [marcia]
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1320048 - Although the touchbar issue seems to have calmed down since 10.12.3, there seems to be multiple crashes in this bug as lots of the comments talk about crashing with uploading pictures, etc. I will probably file a new bug to track those particular issues.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1322554 is the #3 overall browser crash
- Longstanding bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=719114 is the #4 top crash
- #5 overall crash - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1306168
awsy rate 20.63 (browser 3.44, content 17.19) [marcia]
- Rate down slightly from Tuesday now that explosive crash is under control
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1315232 - PurpleBuffer crashes are back
- Latest Project Uptime crashes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/Uptime/NightlyCrashTriage/2017Q1#2017-02-08_-_jchen
Fennec release: awsy rate 1.27 [marcia]
- Aurora - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1336009 was fixed. There is a new crash on Aurora that needs to be filed
- Beta - new crash libcutils.so@0xe29d
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Geolocation test suite reviewed by engineering (Michelangelo De Simone), we plan to include it in tomorrow's 52.0b5 sign off - see: https://goo.gl/PmNzsX (TestRail) | https://goo.gl/fKYyCR (gdoc). \o/
- Per Francois Marier, our current Safe Browsing coverage is sufficient and does not require any updates/additions.
- Copy, Paste, Drag & Drop sign off on Beta 52 completed, with 2 new issues uncovered - see: https://goo.gl/jNDgZF (results) | https://bugzil.la/1336990,1337005 (new bugs).
- 1st round of WebRTC Compatibility testing completed, with 1 new issue uncovered - see: https://goo.gl/dL7GOR (results) | https://bugzil.la/1337810 (new bug).
- WebRTC sign off on Aurora 53? completed, with 1 blocker uncovered - see: https://goo.gl/w6Z0mZ (results) | https://bugzil.la/1337777 (blocker).
- Engineering (Maire Reavy) is aware and currently looking into all the WebRTC-related issues mentioned.
- WebRTC Full Duplex Audio Streams testing on Nightly 54 is currently underway (sign off ETA: early tomorrow) - see: https://goo.gl/LJ4873 (results) | https://bugzil.la/1142613 (feature meta).
- To help with scheduling, I've created a spreadsheet containing Desktop Release QA's major tasks during the entire cycle - see: https://goo.gl/Wpb3n0.
- Say hello to Emil Ghitta (:emilghitta), who will be joining the desktop team starting today, as manual QA.
- quantum compositor process is enabled in 53, testing for aurora?
- [Andrei] We've coordinated with Anthony Hughes on this matter and testing is already in progress. \o/ yay thanks! (liz)
- same for compact/dev edition themes, riding train in 53 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1314091
- [Andrei] We're aware and testing is in progress, now that our draft Test Plan got reviewed by engineering. Note that we've only picked this up in Aurora. thank you!
- 52.0b4 signed off without major issues
- 51.0.2, 51.0.3 also signed off - we still need to keep an eye on the crashes now that the builds are up
https://bugzil.la/1338141 - Crash in libpvrANDROID_WSEGL_SGX540_120.so@0x942
https://bugzil.la/1338140 - Duplicate entries in the app permissions list on install
https://bugzil.la/1318667 - Crash in libdvm.so@0x849e6
https://bugzil.la/1337375 - Crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.GeckoApp.getEventDispatcher(GeckoApp.java)
https://bugzil.la/1337823 - The doorhanger from popups is not displayed when reloading the page
https://bugzil.la/1337699 - Scroll bar is not displayed in Tab Menu in landscape Mode
- Insecure Password Tested for 52 bu Ninu and Bogdan https://bugzil.la/1338160,1338167
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)