Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Stability
- 5 Performance (Thu)
- 6 Add-ons
- 7 QE
- 8 RelEng
- 9 Marketing/Communications
- 10 User Advocacy
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Special Topics
- 13 Actions
marcia, RyanVM, jcristau, avaida, cristian, asimonca, Timea, canuckistani, elan, brindusa, bogdan_maris, mboldan, Julia, mtabara,Sorina,Roxana, carmenf,Oana, jorge,poiegas
- 54.0 pushed to 25% of release for 24 hours then turned off yesterday
- 55.0b1 on devedition + gp
- 55.0b2 gtb possibly later today, otherwise on monday
awsy rate: 2.43 (browser: 1.53, content: 0.9)
- MS crash is #2 in current 56 data: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1361132. They have a crash dump from a user and are investigating.
- Ting filed a bunch of bugs on the 6-11 nightly: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/Uptime/NightlyCrashTriage/2017Q2#2017-06-14_-_ting
awsy rate: 0.74 (browser: 0.52, content: 0.22)
- attention when looking at crash-stats: crashes from devedition are still showing up as version 55.0 (not 55.0b1) due to bug 1368632
- search link for all 55.0b1 beta/devedition browser crashes: http://bit.ly/2sCxMSw, content crashes: http://bit.ly/2s4lZLB
- share of startup crashes is currently 9% - in line with what we had early in prior cycles
issues cropping up in early data:
- (Assigned, with patch) Crash in js::TraceLoggerEvent::TraceLoggerEvent: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1363301 - 4.1% of browser crashes
- triggered when enabling/disabling an extension after the next start after the install
- Startup crash in mozilla::places::Database::ForceCrashAndReplaceDatabase: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1356812
- artificial crash we introduced in 55 & uplifted to 54/esr to clear a corrupted places.sqlite db - when that fails, some (few) users might be trapped with repeated startup crashes...
- Crashes in intel graphics drivers: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1359416
- not enough data yet to be sure that this will become an issue again, but i think we should prepare to flip the preference that solved this crash pattern last cycle
- Crashes with Firebug addon: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1373220 - only common in devedition, but 10% of browser crashes there
awsy rate: 0.74 (browser: 0.55, content: 0.19)
- Early - data still coming in - explosiveness report quiet: https://crash-analysis.mozilla.com/release-mgmt/2017-06-14/2017-06-14.firefox.release.explosiveness.html
- Mac users are still suffering from https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1367702 - most of the comments mention plugging and unplugging headphones.
- [marcia] We should look at other comments in Socorro that mention the same thing, I think there are other bugs
awsy rate: release 0.66, beta 0.80, nightly 1.61
- Both release and Nightly looks good so far
- Filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1373254 for a Sync issue. Need to figure out who to add
- Top crash on Nightly is reproducible: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1372060
Aurora / Dev Edition
request expanding multi to webextensions later in 54 (after throttle to 100% and initial multi + no add-ons data comes in). Benefit: Multi + webextension is a 57 requirement and earlier release de-risks 57 + Multi to broader audience. Issue: we have seen 1 more content crash per 25,000 hours than Multi with no add-ons. Stability wise believe that is minor change https://sql.telemetry.mozilla.org/queries/4355#8685 the crash is 25% from EnqueuePromiseReactionJob. Fixes that landed in Beta 54 don't seem to have impacted, more are riding with 55. asking for data on that in nightly
to do: email release drivers and gerry chang (54 release owner)
- Started planning and working on Firefox 56 features (like Form Autofill, Safe Browsing v4, Photon Search preferences)
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [Andrei] DevEdition 55.0b1-build5 signed off as GREEN - test report: https://goo.gl/e1kMMn.
- Beta 55.0b1-build5 signed off as GREEN - test report: https://goo.gl/OVswUq.
- Part of the Firefox 55 features are currently transitioning from Engineering QA to Release QA's ownership.
- [Ioana] Nightly sign-off successfully pre beta
- [Ioana] Firefox 55 Beta 1 sign-off successfully - zn-tw build has starting issues https://bugzil.la/1372911
- [Ioana] Firefox 54 RC Build 2- Sign Off of Manual Functional Testing - Green
- 2 discussion points
- feature tracking - rel drivers spreadsheet, one spreadsheet etc
- Nightly check points - one or more check points in the train period
- [Andrei] I will be on vacation June 19 - 30.
- Please contact Florin Mezei and Cornel Ionce for any requests or issues.
- [Ioana] will be out from 21st to 23rd
- Please contact Florin Mezei or the team at fennec at softvision.ro
- [mtabara] (except this week given the beta1 delays) are we to usually expect beta2 during week1 from now on?
- [marcia] Where do I find the plan of what we will support on Android O? I asked in #mobile on slack - it sounds as if we have to support SDK - "Sure file a bug, we should change implementation if we upgrade fennec to use sdk 25 some day. "
- marcia will reach out to Joe Cheng regarding this
- Meta Bug https://bugzil.la/1349309 - Sebastian is asking for triage in many of them so I guess they are not sure yet.
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)