Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Shield studies
- 6 Stability
- 7 Performance (Thu)
- 8 QE
- 9 Performance
- 10 RelEng
- 11 Marketing/Communications
- 12 User Advocacy
- 13 Roundtable
- 14 Special Topics
- 15 Actions
marcia, jcristau, oboca, bsurd, asimonca, ccomorasu, avaida, RyanVM, jorge, Tom,Sorina, carmenf, petruta, cbadescu,elan, brindusa, philipp, oanah, cbadau, icristescu, tzsoldosroxana, callek, ritu,syl, hyacoub
Current releases dashboard: https://mozilla.github.io/delivery-dashboard
- 59b1 devedition live
- 58 rc2 is planned
- probably for at least 1419264
- 59b2 gtb today(?)
- 52.6.0esr build1 ready, might need a build2
- fennec 58.0 rc ready
- FYI: Shield studies in flight. https://gregglind.github.io/x-shield-inflight-dashboard
awsy: 4.32 (browser 0.80, content 3.52)
- Nightly had huge spike due in large part to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1431064. The regression was backed out by RyanVM
- We went from 1.77 on Tuesday to 4.32 today
- Filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1431404. We had a similar signature in 57 that was fixed, but one signature has reappeared in 59
- Filed new Webrender bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1431448
awsy: 0.98 (browser 0.47, content 0.50)
[philipp] 59.0b1 devedition - very early stability situation:
- Crash in mozilla::dom::workers::RuntimeService::CrashIfHanging - 16.8% of browser crashes
- signature may be a catch all for different underlying issues; often during shutdown; comments also refer to crashes after updating
- Crashes in rlls64.dll/pmls64.dll: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1394550 - 15% of browser crashes
- greyware/malware; they are already on our dll blocklist, so we should probably look into how to eject them for good
- A11y crash in I_RpcNegotiateTransferSyntax: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1424505 - 14% of browser crashes
- only a few installations, was already increasing in volume during 59 nightly
[philipp] 58rc1 - crash rate dropping and already green after we started shipping rc1 with the service worker fix
- Crash in mozilla::ipc::MessageChannel::Clear |... | mozilla::dom::PContentParent::~PContentParent: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1423261 - 2.6% of browser crashes
- Crash in [@ OOM | small] with BuildDisplayListForChild: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1421345 - 1.7% of all browser+content crashes
- some more debugging code in 59
- Crash in nsDocumentViewer::~nsDocumentViewer: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1431009 - 2.1% of content crashes
- from uplift of https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1261175
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1373934 - 1.2% of browser crashes
awsy: 0.68 (browser 0.36, content 0.32)
- Not much new to report, rate is about the same as Tuesday
awsy: release 0.54, beta 0.78, nightly 1.16
- Nothing specific to call out. Rates are about the same as Tuesday
- Early data coming in for 58.0b17, nothing new in the top 15 crashes
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1414506 is #3 top crash on Nightly. Added a comment to the bug.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1420745 is #6 overall top crash and seems stalled. Seems as if we will accept the situation.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- In progress - 52.6.0esr-build1 testing is underway, we'll have the sign off ready tomorrow.
- Done - Update tests for build1 on esr-localtest are GREEN.
- Question: Should we wait for build2 or continue with build1 and just verify the extra fixes in build2?
- ryanvm, jcristau: Yes, 2nd option.
- [Andrei] Heads-up: We're currently trying another workaround for WebVR v1.1 (Mac) on Fx59, using a USB-C to HDMI adaptor.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- In progress - We're coordinating with mwobensmith to verify several secure bug fixes on 58.0 and 52.6.0esr - https://mzl.la/2DhT4H9. We should finish with them by tomorrow.
- Heads-up: Starting with Beta 59, we are going to sign off all builds using two antivirus solutions known to have caused issues in the past (Kaspersky and Avast).
- Fennec 58 Beta 17 signed off without any major issue
- Fennec 58 RC signed off - no blocker nor major thing arise
bug 1431423 - [RTL] Incorrect tab highlight on RTL language setting