Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Shield studies
- 6 Stability
- 7 Performance (Thu)
- 8 QE
- 9 Performance
- 10 RelEng
- 11 Marketing/Communications
- 12 User Advocacy
- 13 Roundtable
- 14 Special Topics
- 15 Actions
philipp, marcia, overholt, dveditz, kbrosnan, jlund, liz, ryanvm, erin, pascal, marissa, wlach, ritu
Current releases dashboard: https://mozilla.github.io/delivery-dashboard
- Dot release (Win only) containing only a fix for an issue with Windows April 2018 update
- 59.0.3 desktop and 52.7.4esr released
- Desktop 60.0b16 shipped Friday
- Fennec 60.0b17 and desktop 60 RC should ship tomorrow
- DevEdition 61.0b1 built Saturday, waiting for QE sign-off
- FYI: Shield studies in flight. https://trello.com/b/maMI2Fn6/shield-studies
- We are slowly moving away from https://www.arewestableyet.com/dashboard/ and the ADI based data in favor of Mission Control Dashboard - https://data-missioncontrol.dev.mozaws.net/#/
- By May 8 we expect the V1 milestone to be complete. https://github.com/mozilla/missioncontrol/milestone/1 has the remaining bugs that need to be fixed.
awsy rate: 1.95 (browser: 0.77, content: 1.19) m-c rate (windows): 4.55 (main: 1.98, content: 2.57)
- Overall rate looks good.
- #2 overall top crash was fixed and then reappeared - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1456534 -
- Filed new Editor regression https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1457862. It has been resolved fixed by bz.
- Small volume DOM crash has a patch: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1457867
awsy rate: 0.58 (browser: 0.29, content: 0.29) m-c rate (windows): (skipping for 60.0b; see bug 1452745)
- new crash in Beta 16 that appears to be related to this Facebook app: https://apps.facebook.com/com_octro_teenpatti/, https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/signature/?product=Firefox&version=60.0b16&signature=OOM%20%7C%20large%20%7C%20NS_ABORT_OOM%20%7C%20AppendUTF8toUTF16%20%7C%20mozilla::dom::HTMLImageElementBinding::get_src&date=%3E%3D2018-04-24T06:53:00.000Z&date=%3C2018-05-01T06:53:00.000Z&_columns=date&_columns=product&_columns=version&_columns=build_id&_columns=platform&_columns=reason&_columns=address&_columns=install_time&_columns=url&_sort=-date&page=2#summary shows 15 installs generating 113 crashes, and all the URLs are from that app.
- Other than shutdown hangs, I see no new unfiled crashes in the top 20 browser crashes
- Crash in 3rd party appcheck32.dll: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1455341
- low number of installs in 60.0b
- Content crashes with nvidia gpus: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1447146
awsy rate: 0.68 (browser: 0.37, content: 0.30) m-c rate (windows): 1.07 (main: 1.17, content: -0.1)
[philipp] slight increase in crash rate compared to last week
- increase in nvidia driver crashes during the past days: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1457758 - 1.4% of content crashes
- increase in OOM | small crashes for russian users: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1458221 - 1.3% of content crashes
- a11y crash making up 40% of browser crashes in early data from the win10 1803 april update rollout!: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1458238
awsy rate: release 0.46 - beta 0.66 - nightly 1.43
- Other than a slight increase in #10 overall crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1425930, nothing significant to call out for release.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1443533 is #4 top crasher in Beta 15, but is confined to several Samsung devices as noted in the bug.
- #2 top crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1433418 - crashes appeared to have stopped on nightly after the 4-27 build.
- https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/signature/?product=FennecAndroid&version=61.0a1&signature=%400x0%20%7C%20dalvik-aux-structure%20%28deleted%29%400x553f&date=%3E%3D2018-04-24T05%3A59%3A45.000Z&date=%3C2018-05-01T05%3A59%3A45.000Z&_columns=date&_columns=product&_columns=version&_columns=build_id&_columns=platform&_columns=reason&_columns=address&_columns=install_time&_sort=-date&page=1 appears to have moved to #5, but so far shows only 3 installs generating 37 crashes. Will keep an eye on that signature
- #6 top browser crash - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1457273 has reappeared after occuring in Firefox 55.
- marcia should ni jchen to get some traction on this bug