Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Off-train releases
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- 7 Roundtable
- 8 Special Topics
RyanVM, jcristau, ioana ,sdeiac, bmaris, ccomorasu, mberlinger, avaida, lizzard, philipp, tbabos, jlorenzo, crbadescu, Sebastian, poiegas, dolah, obotisan, adrian_sv, asoncutean, mcoman, Tom, cfogel, icristescu,lsacal
Current releases dashboard: https://mozilla.github.io/delivery-dashboard
- 62 b 18 build today
- 63 soft freeze is a week away
** Aug 16: Beta 18. ** Aug 20: Beta 19. ** Aug 23: Beta 20. First Merge. ** Aug 27: Mobile beta 21/Desktop RC. ** Sept 4: Merge day. Nightly 64 starts. ** Sept 5: 62 Release
Current Shield studies: https://strategy-and-insights.mozilla.com/shield-studies/index.html
- New product coming for Focus in crash-stats -> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1481696
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1483719 is a related bug that covers different scenarios, including if the API is not called
firefox nightly summary score: 4.04, Tuesday's score 4.05
- New Core|Graphics crash in the nightly from the 15th: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1483772. Around 42 crashes so far.
- Another Core|Graphics|Layers bug was caught 6 days ago and now fixed - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1482415
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1483603 was quite visible in the builds starting on the 14th
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1477079 came up in triage yesterday. There are still crashes on nightly, so we requested that they land the patch
- Core | DOM bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1483604 was filed 21 hours and quickly fixed
firefox beta summary score: 2.46, Tuesday's score 2.51
- [@ shutdownhang | ntdll.dll@0x9d7a4 ] signature is rising in b17 and seen on release as well. All the crashes are on Windows 10 and there are lots of different crashing URLs.
- patch for https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1464938 in b17 reduced async extension shutdown crashes by half
firefox release summary score: 2.26, Tuesday's score 2.26
- nothing of note other than the bug that was called out on Line 41
- Crash rate is calculated based on usage hours (the time Firefox is actively used).
- Usage hours will be significantly lower on Fennec than on desktop Firefox, so we can't compare mobile rates to desktop rates.
fennec release summary score: 27.83, Tuesday's score 27.96
- Nothing much new in the top 20. Two crashes that don't have bugs associated with them seem to be all devices running 26 (REL)
fennec beta summary score: 30.62, Tuesday's score 30.90
- Beta crash volume still seems low.
fennec nightly summary score: 47.85, Tuesday's score 48.26
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1482478 was resolved fixed a day ago so those crashes at the top of nightly crash stats should go away
- First round of Win 10 Redstone 5 compatibility testing was completed on Tue, Aug 14 - report: https://testrail.stage.mozaws.net/index.php?/reports/view/1062
- Two new issues were uncovered: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=1482920%201482361
- We also started running the second testing round - https://testrail.stage.mozaws.net/index.php?/plans/view/11826 due Aug 20
- Preliminary pre-Beta 63 test runs and test reports under way
- Firefox 63 feature QA status: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IdIMWOrYymTVKgCPiPoxWQ3xlYBNbGX_UC2rAX1YRYY/edit?usp=sharing
Aurora / Dev Edition
- GREEN: Beta 62.0b17 signed-off, https://testrail.stage.mozaws.net/index.php?/reports/view/1066
- one new issue uncovered: https://bugzil.la/1483193
- The Fx62 features were signed-off for release on Tue, Aug 14.
- Firefox 62 feature QA status: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rxisBtzIVZwSAuIIzQ5WCAUUYL2ZhtUQ9xiSBBAOCKY/edit
- Reminder: DevEdition 62.0b18 testday taking place tomorrow, Aug 17.
- Fennec 62 Beta 17 signed of without major issues - http://bugzil.la/1483165 - crash at time picker on a Xiomi device (Crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.Integer android.widget.TimePicker.getCurrentHour()'
on a null object reference at org.mozilla.gecko.prompts.PromptInput$DateTimeInput.getValue(PromptInput.java) )
SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- [erin] who will be doing wnp testing for 62.0?
- start with avaida