Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Zoom Meeting ID: 266 532 573
- +17207072699,,266532573# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release metrics
- 4 Off-train releases
- 5 Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 SUMO Report / User Advocacy
- 8 Roundtable
- 9 Special Topics
- marcia, RyanVM, lizzard, Aryx, philipp, Thomas, Andrew,Tania, Ritu, dveditz, Tom, pascal
Current releases dashboard: https://mozilla.github.io/delivery-dashboard
- 70.0b9 build Monday, released today
- Week 4 of 7. Last beta build will be b14.
- 70.0b10 will build/ship Thurs/Fri.
- Fennec 68.2b4 shipped today
Report on release criteria metrics from DRIs 9/24/2019 Snapshot: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a0f8cDojanXaT44ATyK1KpK0OGcoI2eRIas4Mjk_C8Y/edit#gid=1956837358
Overall performance metrics are green compared to release criteria. Specifically for Windows10-64:
Warm and Cold Page Load are green compared to release criteria, last release, and also week to week Speedometer is green compared to release criteria. Slight regression compared to last release which we will investigate. Desktop startup and session restore are green compared to release criteria, last release, and also week to week Desktop new tab is green against release criteria but slight regression compared to last release and week to week which is within noise Desktop new tab is green against release criteria but slight regression compared to last release and week to week which is within noise
We are investigating intermittent slowness on desktop startup on Windows 7 that show large regression against previous release that has happened previously Perf Bugs tracked for 70 down from 3 to 2: https://mzl.la/2HWtb3G
- Added a breakdown of carryover regressions on priority and severity
- Another one for # of unfixed new regressions
Current Shield studies: https://strategy-and-insights.mozilla.com/shield-studies/index.html
- Two experiments start tomorrow on 69: DoH staged rollout, and a smaller experiment for new tab/activity stream .
- Webcompat system addon will update soon (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1583285) waiting on QA and Relman signoff.
firefox nightly summary score: 3.63, Thursday 3.52
- Spike in WR signature https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1582645. P1 which needs investigation
- WebRTC networking crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1582646 spiked in the 9-18 build and is now resolved fixed
- Large spike in Core IPC crash is now gone - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1582647. Very visible in 70.b7 (see note in beta section) and #5 overall on nightly.
- Fair number of crash bugs filed in the 9-21 build, see https://wiki.mozilla.org/NightlyCrashTriage/2019Q3
firefox beta summary score: 3.15, Thursday 3.11
- Big spike in [@ mozilla::ipc::PrincipalInfoToPrincipal] over the weekend: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1582647
- spike is gone again, but worth investigating to avoid future repeats
- New IPC crash in 70 with kaspersky involvement: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1580934 - 1.2% of browser crashes
- liz will write to kaspersky
- Mission Control shows an increase in content crashes from 69 beta to 70 beta.
firefox release summary score: 2.12, Thursday 2.29
- Crash in [@ XULContentSinkImpl::Release] on office365: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1579858 - 1.5% of content crashes (patch landing today)
- Startup crash in [@ nsWidgetWindowsModuleCtor] since 69: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1571516 - 0.3% of browser crashes
- 3rd-party crash in [@ @0x0 | HeapLock] (probably malware): https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1583382 - 0.2% of browser crashes
- the new mission control dashboard showed a regression in % of users on linux affected by browser crashes in 69.0. 69.0.1 might solve this but isn't provided yet by major distros like ubuntu
- Crash rate is calculated based on usage hours (the time Firefox is actively used).
- Usage hours will be significantly lower on Fennec than on desktop Firefox, so we can't compare mobile rates to desktop rates.
fennec nightly summary score: 76.60, Thursday 78.21
- Filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1583565 to account for a HLS player bug that is #18 overall
fennec beta summary score: 53.97, Thursday 54.87
- Nothing specific to call out for beta today
fennec release summary score: 18.91, Thursday 19.15
- Fix for top Fennec crash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1579222 needs to be uplifted
- #5 overall https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1532704 has 50% correlation to API 27. Wide mix of affected devices
- Version 1.4.1 Shows a high ANR rate on GPS
- Version 2.0 went out but at 10% rollout, so not much Socorro data yet
Aurora / Dev Edition
SUMO Report / User Advocacy
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- Fx69 post-mortem: https://pad.mozilla.org/p/69-0-Post-Mortem