Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release Metrics
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 User Advocacy / SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
Read-only due to MoCo meeting
- 76.0rc1 live on the Beta channel @ 100%
- No RC respin drivers identified so far (some ride-along bugs, though)
- Fennec 68.8.0 live on Release channel @ 5%
- 77: Nightly soft freeze starts this week
Report on release criteria metrics from DRIs
mc2 crash rate: 1.80, crash incidence: 3.06%, mc1 summary score: 10.55 thursday mc2 crash rate: 1.48, crash incidence: 4.96%, mc1 summary score: 10.34
- Last week Linux top crasher is fixed ( https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/1632481)
- But we have yet another top crasher https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/1633204 (has a patch not landed yet)
mc2 crash rate: 1.46, crash incidence: 1.16%, mc1 summary score: 3.29 thursday mc2 crash rate: 1.78 , crash incidence: 1.54%, mc1 summary score: 3.50
- not much stability data avialble for rc1 yet - no red flags
mc2 crash rate: 1.34, crash incidence: 1.22%, mc1 summary score: 2.41 thursday mc2 crash rate: 1.31 , crash incidence: 1.24%, mc1 summary score: 2.52
- Crash rate is calculated based on usage hours (the time Firefox is actively used).
- Usage hours will be significantly lower on Fennec than on desktop Firefox, so we can't compare mobile rates to desktop rates.
- https://trello.com/b/pPgjBNNd/desktop-qa is where QA posts updates on Regression testing and build validations
- May 1st is a stat holiday for RO and ARG QA team
- as per trello "DevTools Application Panel M1.1" has been moved to Fx78 list
- Tab Modal Prompt hasn't landed yet, QA should be okay to accomodate testing for the changes that are riding Fx77 train
- Nightly test reports are being sent out, no far no major concerns
- Nightly pre-merge Regression testing is in progress
Aurora / Dev Edition
- For PiP changes ( https://trello.com/c/CW51aW2e/911-double-clicking-the-picture-in-picture-popout-will-send-it-to-fullscreen ), no PI ticket was submitted, QA conducted sanity test round (RC build).
Feature Status Review
- [Challenged] RDM Fission re-work (https://trello.com/c/wjCtQTsm)
- Likely to slip to Fx78. Waiting on Go/no-go decision from the Devtools team. Expect a decision in the next 24 hours.
- [Challenged] ETP: Cookie Restrictions: List 2 (https://trello.com/c/Af9P95sq)
- No change here from previous weeks. Working through data discrepanices with Google. Will not launch in the Fx76 timeframe.
- [Challenged] DNS Over HTTPS (DoH) (https://trello.com/c/zwMEBfwm)
- 9% of US users are opting out of the doorhanger to enable DoH. Investigating next steps.