Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Desktop Stability
- 4 Mobile Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 Feature Status Review
- 7 SUMO Report
- 8 Roundtable & Special Topics
RyanVM, jcristau, TaniaM, bkal, telin, philipp, Aryx, dveditz, kbrosnan
- 78.0.2 likely this week (gtb tomorrow, ship Thursday)
- Firefox 79 early beta ends Friday
- Fennec 68.10.1 shipped today @ 100%
- Many obsolete Fenix products delisted from Google Play
mc2 crash rate: 1.82, crash incidence: 2.08%, mc1 summary score: 5.55 thursday mc2 crash rate: 1.85, crash incidence: 1.92%, mc1 summary score: 6.51
mc2 crash rate: 1.72, crash incidence: 1.83%, mc1 summary score: 4.59 thursday mc2 crash rate: 1.80, crash incidence: 2.26%, mc1 summary score: 8.26
- Security:PSM crash in [@ PK11_TraverseCertsInSlot]: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1650654 - 1.5% of browser crashes
- needs investigation
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1649728 - 0.6% of content crashes
- potential fix landing on nightly
- Crash in [@ mozilla::PermissionManager::GetKeyForPrincipal]: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1645777 - 0.5% of browser crashes
- fix uplifted for b5
mc2 crash rate: 1.52, crash incidence: 0.77%, mc1 summary score: 2.49 thursday mc2 crash rate: 2.73, crash incidence: 0.95%, mc1 summary score: 6.56
[78.0.1] nothing new popping up in the top crashers list
- Crash rate is calculated based on usage hours (the time Firefox is actively used).
- Usage hours will be significantly lower on Fennec than on desktop Firefox, so we can't compare mobile rates to desktop rates.
- Extended PI request deadline: Tomorrow, July 8th. Tracking 14 PI requests so far. Tech doc submission/trello: July 10
- Awaiting Project Shirley related feature requests
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Prelim status reports are due on Friday, July 10
- WDBA features are targeting Fx80, rest of the features are on track
- First round of Regression testing was completed on July 3
- Five new issues (S3 and S4 respectively) were encountered this testing round, beside a few already known ones.
Feature Status Review
- Waiting for some outstanding feature status update but everything seems to be 'On track' so far...
- A few uplifts planned for Fx79 Beta around Pocket. Pinged Ryan in Trello.
- some reports about breakage on roblox gaming site in 78: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/search/advanced?q=roblox&created=2&created_date=06%2F30%2F2020&a=1&w=2
Roundtable & Special Topics
- France on PTO next Tuesday - happy bastille day!🇫🇷🇫🇷
[Julien] on PTO the next 2 weeks, 78 post mortem probably once I get back